Difference between 1 and 2 switch/sensor MN 4x4 diesel gearboxes

kobaroo

Hi, my 2012 MN 2.5 diesel 4x4 gearbox has a broken tooth on the reverse gear. I bought a second hand gearbox but it has only a single switch/sensor. My box has 2 sensors.
Can I still replace my gearbox with the single switch/sensor box? What are these switch/sensors for?
Thanks

Triton14

Hi, my 2012 MN 2.5 diesel 4x4 gearbox has a broken tooth on the reverse gear. I bought a second hand gearbox but it has only a single switch/sensor. My box has 2 sensors.
Can I still replace my gearbox with the single switch/sensor box? What are these switch/sensors for?
Thanks
I see you got one answer on Newtriton, no offence to the person who said it was ok but I would be confirming this this multiple people & sources!

Anyone can "yeh she'll be right mate" but what are they basing the answer on??

If I was you I would be calling Mitsubishi & discuss it with them, if it disables the neutral rev limiter then it was there for a reason in the 1st place, what would be the down side of not having that connected??

Just mt 2c.

kobaroo

I see you got one answer on Newtriton, no offence to the person who said it was ok but I would be confirming this this multiple people & sources!

Anyone can "yeh she'll be right mate" but what are they basing the answer on??

If I was you I would be calling Mitsubishi & discuss it with them, if it disables the neutral rev limiter then it was there for a reason in the 1st place, what would be the down side of not having that connected??

Just mt 2c.
Well, I took your suggestion and emailed Mitsubishi and this was the reply:
"Part number you have provided is not compatible with your vehicle.
The transmission you need has part number 2500A240.
We trust the above is of assistance."

I've had the second hand 2015 box installed, no problems so far, no over revving, tows fine although it hasn't been off road yet. I'm happy with the outcome except that Mitsubishi could have been more forthcoming with possible problems because the box fits except for the neutral rev limiter.

Triton14

Well, I took your suggestion and emailed Mitsubishi and this was the reply:
"Part number you have provided is not compatible with your vehicle.
The transmission you need has part number 2500A240.
We trust the above is of assistance."

I've had the second hand 2015 box installed, no problems so far, no over revving, tows fine although it hasn't been off road yet. I'm happy with the outcome except that Mitsubishi could have been more forthcoming with possible problems because the box fits except for the neutral rev limiter.
So they are saying the gear box itself is the wrong part number?

I guess its how you ask the question sometimes although I know what your talking about with having asked a question & not getting a detailed responce at times!