Diff drop

Luthy

I have a 06 Ra rodeo and thinking about lifting it to a 3 inch rear spring and a 2.5 TB wind and adding a 1/2" diff drop. I have done a fair bit of research on this and it is quite doable. Has anyone done this? I have looked at a RA rodeo that has a bigger lift then mine and the cv angles are alot more "steeper" than mine but the guy says he has no problem with it. I carry alot of gear in my truck and it should even the ride level out once the gear is in the back. And yes i know all the legality of it all.

RODEODAVE

Luthy , When I had my RA i did the body lift I found that gave me a better height on the sills , I have seen several RA'S with T/B wound up that they have no flex and struggle with the littlest of rutts.
I dont think by dropping the diff that you are not gaining any extra height as you are pushing the diff lower , so in the end you still have the same ground clearance .

Just my opinion Dave

Last edited:

Luthy

Hey Dave thanks for the reply.

Maybe i didnt ask right but here is wahat im thinking:

Atm i jave a 2" suspension lift on my rodeo with a 1" body lift and as my rear has sagged a bit i am now looking at replacing the rear leaves again which includes bushes etc. I have seen a few rodeos with 4" lifts floating around and have spoken to a few of them and they say they dont have problems with the CVs prematurely wearing. Because i am upgrading the leaves again i thought i may as well try and get some more room under my diff pumpkin at the back as when i was out 4bying this was the main reason for getting stuck. Wat i propose to do is by getting a 2" leaf heavy duty and a extended shackles to give me a 3" lift at the back and winding the TB up to 2.5" and putting on some taller tyres. To keep my CVs at an acceptable levelness i am thinking of doing a diff drop on the front as i have the room between my bash plates and all other bits down there to do. As i understand the Chevy Colorado forum which is basically rodeos in america do this and a .5" diff drop as quite acheivable to get the CVs back to an acceptable angle. I would like to put a set of 285/75r 16 on and think this is my best option to give me abit more clearence under the pumkin. Also i have a front lokka so downward flex isnt really important to me on the front.

Any thoughts?
Luthy

Luthy

Well got it done now and have the 285/75r16 on it and it is fine... havent had it out in the bush yet but i will be soon.ive had to do some minor modifications to the guards but have managed to keep it looking stock still. I havent done the diff drop as the cv angles are still not to bad but if i do have problems with them i will think about it in the future.