Dewalt xr chainsaw

dabbler

Love my 40cm Dewalt. I travel with 2x6ah Flexvolt batteries, mains charger and recharge using a small inverter. Rarely need to do more than top up though.

Albynsw

The last trip I did my mate bought a new Milwaukee single battery 18v saw and I was impressed with how it handled even the bigger logs.
They are definitely improving,might get one myself soon

Bomber2012

They certainly look very good , I saw a pretty impressive review on the Milwaukee saws and quickly checked out the Stihl ones while waiting to pick my petrol one up after a service . Reckon the smaller petrol ones will take a price hit .

shaun0

They certainly look very good , I saw a pretty impressive review on the Milwaukee saws and quickly checked out the Stihl ones while waiting to pick my petrol one up after a service . Reckon the smaller petrol ones will take a price hit .
Yeah only issue with the Stihl is it doesnt come with anything you have to buy the charger and battery separate. When I bought mine at Cooma Stihl they had a deal going so I got the 2nd battery 50% off. I asked them about this and they said its because its part of the professional range and the battery fits all the other stuff like hedge trimmer etc. Sounds like an excuse to me but I bought it anyway.

dabbler

Most of you probably know cordless gear is often sold in bundles. There is one at the moment on Dewalt CS, small blower, battery and charger. If you're just switching to cordless or modern cordless, the options are limitless if you have spare cash.

When I bought my CS about 18mo ago, I already owned a few Dewalt skins, batteries and chargers so I just settled for the skin. The nice surprise was TradeTools threw in a bonus battery and chain oil.

red hilux

I’m in the same boat.

I’ve got dewalt everything.

I’ve just bought of eBay some adaptors that lets you run xr battery on older skins.

This saves me buying a new circular saw, torch, angle grinder, 1/2” driver

I’ve also bought 2 4ah dewalt copy batteries and charger. Experiment plus mainly for the 4wd.