Destroy the Jeep

Campin40

Boy, this guy has more patience than I do....sadly, the attitude of the dealer doesn't surprise me in the slightest though. They know that under Australian consumer law they are not obligated to replace the vehicle. The law with regard to new motor vehicle purchases and warranties needs to be reviewed because it's biased in favor of the merchant and not the consumer.

Aaron Schubert

Read this today. Sad. You'd think in a modern world where people can easily blow their problems up on social media companies would be more obliging to provide high levels of customer service

Aaron

hiluxdriver

If it's insured for more than $22k, find a mate unhappy with their car and smash into it - accidently of course as I can't be seen to condone insurance fraud, because I don't.

03hilux

4x4 Earth Contributer
Although the car is a lemon, the dealer appears not to care and the guy wants some money, and the idea sounds a fun way to fund raise, there is a chance the car is encumbered and therefore property of a financial institution.
By hitting the car with a hammer, or damaging it in any way could lead to criminal charges. Vandalism or cause damage with intent would be just a couple of words in possible charges. Because the damage would occur as an action of spite, the words willful and malicious wouldnt be too far away either.

03hilux

4x4 Earth Contributer
If it's insured for more than $22k, find a mate unhappy with their car and smash into it - accidentally of course as I can't be seen to condone insurance fraud, because I don't.

Why doesn't he attempt a water crossing and flood it?
What ever he does to it now, Id assume with the amount of publicity he has received, all insurance companies will be watching him like a hawk.

Stupid Flanders

Interestingly another dealership refunded full purchase price after OFT mediated. Like most things the devil is in the detail and one wonders if the relationship was "irreconcilable" early on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just looking at this page again tonight . . .
I see he has written a few books on his Jeep experience.

What I love about my Jeep

What I wish I could have done in my amazingly awesome $49k Jeep

The best outdoor experiences I had while using my Jeep

and What Chrysler Aust should have done to resolve my Jeep issues 3 years ago

Looking at the facebook page, this will likely cost Jeep heaps from the bad press, not only the websites, he parks it in high profile locations very often.
Most info seems to be on the Kickstarter page.
Roll on 4th October, hope it streams live or on the news.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah, sure seems a lemon.
Noticed a vid on the Kickstarter page, scroll down a ways.
The knocking from that motor is freaking bad !!

mikehzz

As a Jeep driver I feel qualified to comment about this guy's unsuitability for owning a Jeep. You don't buy a Jeep unless you take it off road...a lot. Otherwise you never get to see the good points that make you like the car. Buying a Jeep just to drive around town is a catastrophe just waiting to happen. Sexism alert!!! ->You can liken it to a girlfriend or wife...if she can't cook then she'd better look good in a bikini, and so it goes, if the car is going to cheese you off with endless annoying problems, then it had better make you smile when it counts. Seriously, worrying about side mirrors coming loose is for pussies, they get knocked off by branches or rocks anyway don't they? I'd better go now... :D

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
As a Jeep driver I feel qualified to comment about this guy's unsuitability for owning a Jeep. You don't buy a Jeep unless you take it off road...a lot. Otherwise you never get to see the good points that make you like the car. Buying a Jeep just to drive around town is a catastrophe just waiting to happen. Sexism alert!!! ->You can liken it to a girlfriend or wife...if she can't cook then she'd better look good in a bikini, and so it goes, if the car is going to cheese you off with endless annoying problems, then it had better make you smile when it counts. Seriously, worrying about side mirrors coming loose is for pussies, they get knocked off by branches or rocks anyway don't they? I'd better go now... :D

Sorry mate. I really don't want to can Jeeps, I owned and drove lots of Chryslers in my time. Don't get me started on Mitsubishi.
However this bloke does have a lemon.
Just listen to the starter motor that keep starting:D
And let's not get onto the Jeep's electrical system and some of them catching on fire :eek:
Bit like the Patrol 2.8 Turbo diesel Z 30 hand grenades. You just have to accept that there are lemons in every make. Don't get me started on Holdens (Gen 3 Motors), Fords ( aluminium heads on Iron blocks), etc. I have driven them all.
It really comes down to the Manufacturer admitting it (Oh yeah:eek:) taking full responsibility and paying the price.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Too right Roger / Mike, have seen some awesome Jeeps off road at work, and they are pretty impressive when they aren't on fire.

dirvine

Just goes to show why lots of aftermarket call the JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket. I personally do not like many mechanical items that are made in America. My only saving grace is that I am born on that dreaded day and when young used to have a great time protesting against anything American. They think they own the world. Pity they make such rubbish cars and still have not learnt their lessons why. Pity pity pity...

mikehzz

My Grand is a diesel made by Daimler Benz in a factory in Austria. It's a completely different animal to the petrol models made in the US. It has Mercedes engine and gearbox out of the Vito, Sprinter and ML270 models. Very happy with that side and the build quality is noticeably different as well. Still, the parts common to the US models are a bit hard to trust. It's been a good car to me though and I have taken it everywhere.