Dedicated X TRAIL thread

03hilux

although I wouldn't buy one, having seen the mods and off road abilities of Toddyh's and underdog's X Trail, could the moderaters please seriously consider a dedicated Xtrail thread.
Im sure there is more than 2 forumites that have them, and it would be another source for owners to seek advice.
Thankyou
Roger

matbel

As a Xtail owner

Hi all : as a X-trail owner and a lover of 4WD,

My name is Mat I have a 2003 X trail and have done some mods 2" lift and bigger tyres, light bar ,2/5 side awning ,UHF radio. I love to go of road but find it
Hard to meet up with other 4WD groups. I am a membèr of the X-trail club but find they do nothing. I have meet up with Underdog in the past on along weekend through the X- trail group.

underdog

Hi all : as a X-trail owner and a lover of 4WD,

My name is Mat I have a 2003 X trail and have done some mods 2" lift and bigger tyres, light bar ,2/5 side awning ,UHF radio. I love to go of road but find it
Hard to meet up with other 4WD groups. I am a membèr of the X-trail club but find they do nothing. I have meet up with Underdog in the past on along weekend through the X- trail group.

Just stick around here mate, trips come up all the time. Just came back from a 4day, 3nighter down south last weekend. The xtrail forum is basically dead in regards to trips.

Toddyh

.... The xtrail forum is basically dead in regards to trips.

Sad but true. I used to lead quite a few but find the majority of people there a little conservative in terms of what they are willing to have a go at. There are obvious exceptions but that's been my experience. Much better to hang around here and wait for more interesting trips to come up. There are a few in X-Trails that get out on trips regularly. I'm sure you could join them no problem. I think there is even one coming up this weekend in Barrington Tops.

billolga

Hang in there Mat, Underdog has probably told you we don't bite (He maybe lying!):cool::D Wait till it warms up a bit.

Bendman

Hey X trail owners - just something I found out and hope my save anyone with the same issue. My wife's car is a 2007 X Trail and if you ever encounter any of your fan setting not working (eg speeds 1 and 2 not working but 3 and 4 still operating), it is likely to be a resister. $70 genuine part and located under the glovebox and an easy job to replace so save some coin and do it yourself. As I said, hope this helps/saves anyone that experiences the same.

We don't take it off road anymore since buying the Prado but liked it when we did.