Day Trip in Jan 2010 Victoria

surfer

Day Trip in 6th Dec 2009 - Mt Disapointment

Hello All,

I am posting this thread to find out if there is anyone experienced for a day trip.
Most likley on a Sunday Morning first Light.....??????

I am in Roxburgh Park Victoria and willing to travel a few hours there and back for an exciting time.
I am a newby to 4x4 and eager to learn and not get stuck overnight.

I have a Toyota Surf and wanting to see what it can do!

Hope to get a group together and have some fun.....

Regards
:) Scott - Surfer :)

Last edited:

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Welcome to the forum Scott. I'm sure you will get plenty of offers to accompany you on a day trip. I'm a little too far away at the moment but there are some really experienced Guys down there who i'm sure will help you along.

oznog05

Hi Scott,

Might be heading up to Mt Disappointment Sunday...Won't be to early as I have a party the night before. So I might see you up there. Look for a 03 Green Hilux.

surfer

Hi Scott,

Might be heading up to Mt Disappointment Sunday...Won't be to early as I have a party the night before. So I might see you up there. Look for a 03 Green Hilux.

Sounds Great, I will have to come from yarrawonga approx 2hours drive down.
If it is a go please let me know and we will organise a place to meet up.

Any one else want to join is welcome. Sun 6th Dec 2009

Regards
Surfer

Tuff Truck

Sounds great.

I too have a hilux surf, I have just finished building it and should have it registered ina couple of weeks. I hade a gutless old pathfinder before, but it did alright offroad, really keen to see what the surf can do. Im in VIC also, unfortunately don't know anywhere to really go a 4x4 bash.
If you plan a meet up in Jan Ill be there for sure.

Chris

surfer

I too have a hilux surf, I have just finished building it and should have it registered ina couple of weeks. I hade a gutless old pathfinder before, but it did alright offroad, really keen to see what the surf can do. Im in VIC also, unfortunately don't know anywhere to really go a 4x4 bash.
If you plan a meet up in Jan Ill be there for sure.

Chris

Love to still plan a trip in Jan - that way mu Fiancee can come too.....

JAN STILL A GO! :)

Hello All,

I am posting this thread to find out if there is anyone experienced for a day trip.
Most likley on a Sunday Morning first Light.....??????

I am in Roxburgh Park Victoria and willing to travel a few hours there and back for an exciting time.
I am a newby to 4x4 and eager to learn and not get stuck overnight.

I have a Toyota Surf and wanting to see what it can do!

Hope to get a group together and have some fun.....

Regards
:) Scott - Surfer :)
HI Scott, I am interested in a day trip,i own a NQR SURF:) LOL and i too do not have a lot of experiance and would like to get out on some tracks, . I believe 'watt on earth' would be in it as well.unfortunatley i dont have internet at home so am not on the forum a lot. however here is my mobile 0403987379.
I had some cooling issues at O'tooles:( and am sorting them out "hopefully".
Cheers Mark:):):

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Hi All

Will plan a trip early in the new year. Bunyip Forest ok?? Lots to see and do there.

Nick

Donx

hi, Nick

count me in please, went to Loop track at Pauls range, Yarra valley myself today, easy stuff, but great fun

Cheers

Don

surfer

Dates required!

Need to work out when people are available?

Sunday 10th Jan 2010
Sunday 17th Jan 2010
Sunday 24th Jan 2010
Sunday 31sth Jan 2010

Put in your available dates for this great day out!
When we have the date then I will do a roll call.........

Last edited:

GippsSurfer

I dont seem to be able to plan that far in advance for a day trip... there is always something coming up... I will therefore reserve the right to turn up or not... If available (ie the missus hasnt arranged something or im not working) I will try and tag along...

shovelboy

Sorry that was December!

10th, 17th, 24th and the 31st

Hey these dates dont match up to sundays in December they are Thursdays and leading up to christmas i dont think i will be able to make any of them either but if a day comes free i will let you know

surfer

Hey these dates dont match up to sundays in December they are Thursdays and leading up to christmas i dont think i will be able to make any of them either but if a day comes free i will let you know

The trip is for a sunday in Jan 2010 - when I originally posted the dates I made an error and placed Dec dates instead of Jan dates so I edited the post for Jan, Sorry for the confusion.

surfer

I dont seem to be able to plan that far in advance for a day trip... there is always something coming up... I will therefore reserve the right to turn up or not... If available (ie the missus hasnt arranged something or im not working) I will try and tag along...

Not a problem GippsSurfer, we still have to agree on a place to go.
Bunyip Forest, Mt Dissapointment, Tallarook ?????
Do you have any suggestions on a place?
When the time gets close then you will know if you can tag along.

Tuff Truck

Sunday 10 or Sunday 17 sounds good to me. By the sounds of things there will be a few iof us there in our surfs. What works best for everyone else?

Sunday 10 or Sunday 17 sounds good to me. By the sounds of things there will be a few iof us there in our surfs. What works best for everyone else?
HI FOLKS,Sunday 10th or 17th suits me, however i am still sorting out cooling issues.:((AH you get that with a NQR surf LOL)
sounds like a good day to meet, chat and have some fun:)
Cheers Mark:):):)

Still having issues with that... geez... whats going wrong with it?[/QUOTE
hi, i am gathering info at the moment, i have replaced thermostat, cap and put a shroud on. it still gets hot when in low range. so far i have been told it could be a fan issue as in "get a larger one" $$$ or put in a radiator from a 3.0 ltr surf more $$$ plus a bigger fan. prob is that there is little room between the radiator and the harmonic balancer. i will be checking out a place in fountain gate that sells thermo fans. maybe i can get a slim line version. all good fun.
cheers mark