day trip coffs

Luthy

Hi at the missus parents for chrissy and was wondering if anyone wanted to show me a few tracks around coffs? Nothin truck busting as qe are heading north when we leave here. Even if someone knows some good lookouts, waterfalls or scenic drives lemme kno!

Luthy

Paddler Ed

For the Coffs area I don't think you can beat the Woolgoolga Off Road blog; they've got some really good stuff on there, and are one of my first ports of call for trip planning now (as they also cover the Northern Tablelands a bit)

There might be a bit coming down the falls on the Mountain as there has been a bit of rain, but it may also have washed out by the time you get here. Dorrigo also has a potato Vodka distillery (Red Dirt) that is supposed to be very good; I've not made it there yet... also up there is the Rainforest visitor centre that is worth a look.

Hope that helps a bit,

Ed

Luthy

Thanks for that Ed i picked up his book yesterday to see about some runs but its been raining for 2 days now so i dont think its wise to go out on my own atm. Therr is a fair bit of water around lol.

richardlnsw

If not offroad then you could do Waterfall Way up to Bellingen and Dorrigo. Dangar Falls will be awesome after this rain.

Luthy

Yeah have been looking at that run would love to see the waterfalls after this rain. Theres even one we can walk behind which is a bonus.

Paddler Ed

It's about another 3 or 4 days until the falls between Ebor and Armidale will start to run, but the ones between Bellingen and Dorrigo should be going - they tend to flash very quickly up and down though.

The one you can walk behind is accessed from the Rainforest visitor centre.