Day run Bribie Island 31/10 (or 1/11)

hazza

I checked the tide predictions and low tide on the above dates is around 2pm. That would give plenty of time to hit the beach just after lunch and travel all the way to the northern tip of Bribie and get back before the tide rises and we have to drive on the softer sand.

I am looking for anyone that wants to come for a bit of a drive. I know it won't be much of a challenge but I am sure that it will be fun anyway with some nice scenery.

PS. If you are thinking about coming don't forget that driving on Bribie's beach's requires a permit. The permit costs $36.60 from one of the caravan park's or $114 for a 12 month permit.

zoom

hazza , i can't see why i won't be able to make it . One thing you said "I know it won't be much of a challange". Have you seen the multiple ppl that get bogged every weekend trying to gain entry on the access tracks ? ( personally i find it funny , they're always so ill prepared) .

What are the details of meeting point & time ?

hazza

hazza , i can't see why i won't be able to make it . One thing you said "I know it won't be much of a challange". Have you seen the multiple ppl that get bogged every weekend trying to gain entry on the access tracks ? ( personally i find it funny , they're always so ill prepared) .

What are the details of meeting point & time ?
I have had a response on another forum, it is going to be on the Saturday 31/10/09. I have created a Google map link you can view here. We are going to meet in the carpark on the end of North St at 12.30.

There is a map of the recreation area here, that has both locations where you can get a beach access permit from.

hazza

I posted this to another forum and have a member from there interested as well. They are looking at camping overnight on Saturday, are you staying Sat night as well? Which camp zone? The Ocean Beach camping area?

A friend of mine is coming too, so that makes 4 cars, but we will both be returning home in the afternoon.

43som rodeo

i went up a couple weeks ago, the tide wasn't far out, found the dry still not too bad. though some softroaders did get stuck. we entered at woorim end, was a good trek with lunch on the beach. i'll keep an eye out, i might come. (got a yearly permit, get the most out of it;))

harmo

I was up there yesterday. It was great. Went up through the middle and back along the beach. Was well worth the trip for the day.