Dargo weekend February 2021

CaptainBanana

A couple weeks ago I decided to sneak out to Dargo only hours before our premier locked down the state down again. The tracks were completely dead as were some popular campgrounds liked Talbotville but there was quite a bit of activity down around Italian flat.

Anyway it was a ripper weekend especially when the rest of the state was stuck locked up again, it was really nice having all the tracks to ourselves although with the depth of water this time being much deeper than back in November it would have been nice to have a second car with us just in case.

Below are a couple of happy snaps and a couple of videos, unfortunately we didn't record of the 4th and deepest of the river crossings but I think the couple we did record give you an idea, the last Crossing resulted in water working it's way up toward the windscreen which was interesting.

*edit not putting photos up right now because we have to resize them and I can't be bothered

CaptainBanana

Crooked River looked about the same this time as it did in November in terms of water levels and clarity but the Wonnangatta was much deeper and filthy. It was only drizzling slightly on the first day we arrived and then nothing at all so it's not that it was pouring down around Dargo.