Change background image

Dargo recommendations

Discussion in 'Tracks Discussion' started by Hodgy, May 20, 2018.

1. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Hey everyone
    I'm sure this has been covered before, although search didn't show up anything I'm looking for specifically. Me, my missus and my brother are heading to Dargo next weekend and are all new to the 4wd community.

We both have 90 series Prados, 2 in lift, A/T's and basic recovery gear (snatch strap and shovel). Looking to do basic to moderate stuff. Can do shallow crossings (no snorkel and will assess on the day).

We were looking at Italian Flat as a base, then to Randalls Track and looping to Grant Camp ground and back again but some sites say easy-moderate and others say very difficult. So instead we were looking at this one from Italian Flat: https://tracks.4x4earth.com/4wd-track/maguires-mt-hurley-rd-hibernia-rd-grant/1122

Looking at half to 3/4 day trip...

Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated

Cheers

2. mrdenn1s

mrdenn1s Member

You could do Crooked River Tk which has 20 odd river crossings. All simple if water isn't up too much. Take that from Talbotville campground. Then Hope Spur Tk up the hill is a great climb. then McMillan's Rd back out to Dargo. Great day out and easily done with your rigs.

3. billolga

billolga 4x4 Earth Contributer

@Hodgy , As @mrdenn1s says & Talbotville is strait down the hill on an easy drive from Grant - much better camping.

4. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Thanks for the replys fellas, appreciate it. Sounds like what we are after

5. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

You could drive up Dargo high plains Rd and the drive up Blue Rag , that would be a good day trip.

6. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Yeah weve thought about that one too. Do one sat one sunday