Dargo - Haunted Stream

ozne

Planning a New Year Trip. Would it possible to travel from Dargo via Friday Spur Track, Mt Balhead Rd, Engineers Rd, Barmouth Spur Track, Grays Track, Moomba Spur to Haunted Stream Track and onto Ensay in a Day, or would it be a rushed day.

ozne

I was thinking it would be a big day. Looking at average 10 - 20 km per hr. Couple of stops sightseeing and Lunch and the day runs out. Will look at camping one night along the way. Hope the rain stop. The way we are going the past 8 weeks who knows.

Lost1?

It is going to be a wet summer. State emergency services are already gearing up for floods. Something about Lanina.

discomatt

How big a group? How much experience if the going gets tough? Are all the cars in good condition, new tires and reliable? How many photo stops, BBQ for lunch?
All these things make a massive difference to time spent on the tracks.
2 blokes, early start , easy.
6 blokes, hand brake, kids, no way

ozne

Looking at two cars, two blokes only. Experienced 4wders with winch. lift and tyres. Will do a bit more research on route.

boobook

I'd check with DELWP.. Haunted stream track has been closed for over a year from fires and storm damage. I think its due to be reopened this summer sometime.

Reactions: phs

ozne

I did read it was open, I will check in the new year to be sure. These rains may be doing some damage as well