Dangerously braking / locking up for no reason | MY19 Ranger Raptor 2.0L 10 S

Jon Silverback

Hi. Thanks for the opportunity. I'm in Australia and not sure where to post this for assistance please.

Last Wednesday for the 6th time my Ranger Raptor has locked up while I was driving at 80km/hr.

I got whiplash and recovered fairly well over the last few days. I was speaking to a friend at the time on speaker who heard the brakes squeal and I have a video recording from the exact time of the event.

The dealership has looked into it a few times but they can't figure it out. They asked me to record it and I now have. Unfortunately I can't attach a video here so have included two screen shots.

Has anyone else come across this or know why it happens? Obviously it's very dangerous and I deem it unsafe for the mechanic to test drive.

Please reply with any information you may have. Thank you.
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.31.11 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.31.24 pm.png

Last edited:

discomatt

That's the plan. Just want to find out why it does that. So dangerous.
It will be a computer glitch somewhere, I have seen cars from nearly all manufacturers have strange unexplained faults, they are nearly always caused by electrical faults.
First thing they will do is reload all related software and do any available updates, then they will give it back to you to be a guinea pig and see if it reoccurs , hence the need for a letter saying it is safe just in case worst case scenario...

Hylux

Had a fleet of ford modeo at work but thats another sad storey. One was possessed with lights turning on in the middle of the night in the driveway. Indicators, wipers turning on and couldnt stop, etc etc. But one other thing it did was drop back to first gear without warning and at speed. Maybe thats what yours is doing