D22 Navara - Snake Racing 3" Lift

Love2Ride

After some advice on lift kits for a D22 Navara. I've looked at the Snake Racing 3" kit and am interested but would like advice from those of you who've already played with D22 suspension and what did or didn't work for you!

I am a Plumber during the week and carry tools etc and it is a daily driver, but like to go out and get muddy on the weekend with my mates and thier Hiluxes so I want it to work as well...... Not asking much huh!

Anything you can tell me is appreciated

Cheers.

manic

Part for part, the Snake Racing kits are by far the best value on the market. For about $2k you get everything including the new upper control arms (for more front end wheel travel), H/D idler arm brace, H/D steering rack ends, braided brake lines and fully adjustable Tough Dog or Rancho shocks.

The only other thing you may want to consider is upgrading the springs to allow for the extra weight of your tools etc.

You can always try the lift first and if you find the rear sagging too much for work, just upgrade the springs.

NickE

Is a 3 inch Snake Racing kit legal in Qld without an engineers cert? Anyone know where I can find this information from?

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Is a 3 inch Snake Racing kit legal in Qld without an engineers cert? Anyone know where I can find this information from?

I'm pretty certain it isn't. Check it out before you buy. Other things to be mindful off is if the vehicle is still under warranty, any change to the suspension will void the warranty on certain parts of the vehicle particulary the drive line. Look up kiwijaz. He has first hand experience with this.

kiwijaz

This is what Mark was talking about. I have had dealings a few times with Nissan i have an 08 D22 Navara i snapped the input shaft in the front diff a few months ago. One of the first things they looked at was if the Suspension or anything had been changed and as mine was all standard they covered it under warrenty. So if you are still under New Car Warrenty be careful with doing lifts or tyres check with Nissan and advise them as to what you are looking at doing and see if they will still cover it