Custom screens for Ozi Explorer Android

80lover96gxl

Ozi on my tab 2 is now up and running thanks to cougz (cheers mate) using your design Wayneo, most impressed with it so far.

Swaggie

Ozi on my tab 2 is now up and running thanks to cougz (cheers mate) using your design Wayneo, most impressed with it so far.
That's great news Brian, thanks for the feedback mate ;)... If you find on a trip a couple of things needs changing to suit you let me know and I'll see what I can do for you..

Cheers

80lover96gxl

That's great news Brian, thanks for the feedback mate ;)... If you find on a trip a couple of things needs changing to suit you let me know and I'll see what I can do for you..

Cheers
Ok cool mate, I'll be giving them a good workout over the easter anzac break so I'll be sure to let you know how they go.

Thanks again.

Swaggie

Latest Update, I've named it v1.1,you use the buttons at the bottom to move around to the sat, waypt etc pages to make it easier with a button back to the main page on every page, also made the colours friendlier I think , also there's the co ords box on every page just in case something happens anyone can see them... See how you go..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qfat5a9ap5p6i3/Swaggies%20Degrees%20Landscape%20Large%20v1.1%20%28user%29.pa1

Could someone please test to see if it's working on other Ozi software..

Last edited:

billolga

I can't get to any of the drop box screens. I don't have an account. And don't really want one.

Is this an Android thing only? Where can I download the screen design program?

I have the OziCE version but I think that you guys are talking about a laptop.

I wouldn't mind playing with it. I don't have any smart phones or android or tablet stuff.

Phil
Phil, DropBox is FREE storage on the Internet & you do not need an account to download the files if the owner gives permission.

As for OziCE it is like Windows XP & others have moved on from there & there is little support. Tablets are cheap now & way more user friendly than the old ones & do lots more.;) (Been there done that):)

PJR NSW

Banned
Phil, DropBox is FREE storage on the Internet & you do not need an account to download the files if the owner gives permission.

As for OziCE it is like Windows XP & others have moved on from there & there is little support. Tablets are cheap now & way more user friendly than the old ones & do lots more.;) (Been there done that):)
Thanks for the trouble Bill.

I won't bother. I don't have, nor want, a tablet, ipad or even a smart phone etc. Ozi works fine as is on the dash box. I tend to leave things as they are and don't play with computers any more. If it aint broke then don't touch it. I was just wondering out of some latent curiosity left over from work.

Phil.

PS: Sorry for late response mate.

iandavo

Underwhelmed by the default screen design and inspired by swaggie, mac_man_luke, matt and others (thanks all!), and with a hint of influence from my old HN5, I too created my own 1200x800 screen design:

(Screen 1 of 8)
Feel free to review it & download to modify or give it a try from http://davoweb.net/4wd/oziexplorer/ozi-for-android/
At this time it's strictly landscape orientation only, but if people wanted I could rework for portrait as well.
Cheers
Ian

Ditch

One I designed for a 7 inch tablet if anyone is interested.
12 pages - Main Map - Wayoint Nav - Route Nav - Nearest WP - Tripmeter - Compass - Speed & Alt - Speed, Acceleration, Time - Alt, Climb Rate - Satellite Status - Configuration - Info.

Download from the link below.

Main Page

Waypoint Nav

Last edited:

hefty_merv

Thanks to Ditch, which I have to say I liked your layout so much that I had to make a portrait version so when I moved my phone around it kept all the fonts and pages the same.

So HERE is a portrait version to add to your OziExplorer.

Hope you like it.

Ditch

Thanks to Ditch, which I have to say I liked your layout so much that I had to make a portrait version so when I moved my phone around it kept all the fonts and pages the same.

So HERE is a portrait version to add to your OziExplorer.

Hope you like it.
Glad you liked it. Have been meaning to do a portrait version so thanks for doing that. I have downloaded it to my phone, looks great.

Cheers.

billolga

Glad you liked it. Have been meaning to do a portrait version so thanks for doing that. I have downloaded it to my phone, looks great.

Cheers.
Well done @Ditch , I love it.
I will add a Sunrise & Sun Set to it as I use them to work out looking for Camping Spots.

Ditch

I will add a Sunrise & Sun Set to it as I use them to work out looking for Camping Spots.
Thanks,
There is a Sunset/Sunrise & Twilight Start/End. Page 12 or click on Information on the Pages screen. You will have to add it to hefty_merv`s portrait version if you use it though.