Current model Mahindra Pik Up. Do you have one ?

Json

A3B7698F-AEC1-4778-9950-A0FBE2C47B10.jpeg

$46k all up. So far, it’s done everything I’ve asked of it. 21k kms.

GLee

Sweet vehicle.
Mahindras are robust.

I remember being in the back of a 'jeep copy' Mahindra vehicle once in Pakistan, being thrown all over the back, driving over watermelon-sized rock roads and highways for 13hrs straight. Any vehicle would have been shredded. Mahindra survived...but I wouldn't be wanting to buy that second-hand. Yes, the passengers were also shredded.

I am always surprised that the Mahindra Pikup (S10) is not more popular in Australia. If I needed a work ute then this is what I would buy.

RoryMad

Very nice looking set-up. Please keep us informed concerning its on-road and off-road performance.

Maybe worthwhile to send Mahindra a suggestion: they need to do a Sandy Taupe colour ... just as a two-finger-salute to Toyota and Co.
I have found my mighty mahindra lives the beach and sand dunes loves em , took my out bush 1st time other week in muddy and wet conditions I was so happy how the mighty mahindra performed stock height and still with standard road tyres on loved the mud , am just waiting for my under body protection before doing any hard rocky areas as the alloy sump is just there asking to be smacked lol

G_ute

As an even better alternative to the 70-series they should offer an auto, which is available in other countries.
I am wondering if they are a bit weak at towing with the small motor, e.g. a 2T excavator.

G_ute

I spoke to a bloke at Mahindra today and they are bringing in the auto model (S11) around October.
But, its also Euro-6 meaning adblue required.

discomatt

At nearly 50k with 103kw and 320 NM 120,000 warrenty you would have to be mental , looks ok but not a consideration for me as it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding

rob_macca67

At nearly 50k with 103kw and 320 NM 120,000 warrenty you would have to be mental , looks ok but not a consideration for me as it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding
Possibly true, but like most modern Diesel's these days I assume they can modify it to increase performance?? Add an Auto and it might be quite surprising to people...
Does anyone know if it's still Torsion Bar Front End?

RoryMad

Possibly true, but like most modern Diesel's these days I assume they can modify it to increase performance?? Add an Auto and it might be quite surprising to people...
Does anyone know if it's still Torsion
Mine is a 2021 model and torsion front so I'd assume that it be the same , torsion bars ain't so bad

G_ute

Or buy a sportscar to look good and/or go fast.
Use less fuel, help longevity and enjoy the scenery when working on the farm, adventuring offroad, loading up with firewood or helping to pay the bills as your commercial work truck.

Right tool for the job and all that.

People forget the (little) power the old fourbies had, were they not fun?

cam04

Or buy a sportscar to look good and/or go fast.
Use less fuel, help longevity and enjoy the scenery when working on the farm, adventuring offroad, loading up with firewood or helping to pay the bills as your commercial work truck.

Right tool for the job and all that.

People forget the (little) power the old fourbies had, were they not fun?
Never been stuck between 2 sand dunes in a hired 1hz 75 series towing a trailer full of lighthouse equipment? Towing anything with a diahatsu F50, trying to hit the speed limit ever in a Kia ceres…….I am eternally grateful for the power and comfort of new cars.
That little one will go perfectly well for what it is.

Last edited: