Crossover Pipe to DPF 76 Series Landcruiser

Hi All,

I am currently flying down the rabbit hole of buying a bunch of stuff for my 2020 76 Series Landcruiser. I am trying to find information from people with experience with fitting a cross over pipe upgrade (PDP to be exact) to a vehicle with a DPF.

Is there much point to fitting a cross over pipe upgrade to a DPF 70 series?

From my understanding there is little point of upgrading the cross over pipe given the DPF is the bottle neck in the exhaust system. PDP are being very diplomatic in their responses, because obviously sales are important.

I am fitting a 3" exhaust (DPF back) which will mostly have little effect to the truck, besides a tiny better note. But, when I have the clutch out there is a opportunity to swap out the cross over pipe.

Truck will get a sensible remap/tune when I finish fitting the rest of the gear.

Thanks in advance.

Albynsw

From my experience the exhaust from DPF back does squat, adds a little bit to the note but not much, nothing like my pre DPF one.

I guess it depends on what you are wanting to achieve but a tune does the business just fine and personally don’t see the need to head down the crossover route

I had a tune and Garret turbo on my old 79 but my tuner said he can achieve the same outcome with the newer model’s factory turbo. Apart from exhaust I haven’t bothered to tune my current one.

Well answered. Without sparking a DPF hate sesh. They really are just a shame to have.

Makes you wonder why some companies are moving 4" DPF back exhausts. Which when made of 304ss are around the $2k mark. A lot of coin for little return.

Thanks for the response.

smitty_r51

Well answered. Without sparking a DPF hate sesh. They really are just a shame to have.

Makes you wonder why some companies are moving 4" DPF back exhausts. Which when made of 304ss are around the $2k mark. A lot of coin for little return.

Thanks for the response.
Because they can.

Coming from the UK where the salt on the roads meant a new exhaust every couple of years, meant stainless made sense. To Australia, where I have never had so much as a hole in an exhaust in 15 years...I don't know how they sell them... So good salesman maybe... Or some comments about fools and money?

Albynsw

Thanks for the response.

Unless it is for bling I wouldn’t waste the money on SS exhaust, my old cruiser is 12YO and done 350k on an aftermarket cheap steel exhaust and no signs of needing replacement. That was a DEA exhaust from Victoria so bought from them again with my new cruiser
There is a lot of wanky sales pitch around exhaust brands to substantiate their asking prices but really all that matters is it is mandrel bent and fits properly and doesn’t rattle apart over time.

phs

Is there a point of the cross over pipe upgrade for 99% of users ?

Pre turbo it is important to keep velocity high
Upsize that pipe you will be decreasing velocity

boobook

Is there a point of the cross over pipe upgrade for 99% of users ?

The performance will be worse if it works like their 200 series intercooler fans.

It's been said that the only thing any PDP made product improves is their bank account.

discomatt

I am pretty sure there are better ways to spend money on mods on a 76, the list of good improvements is long enough without spending on a crossover pipe but hey what would a LR owner know

Albynsw

I am pretty sure there are better ways to spend money on mods on a 76, the list of good improvements is long enough without spending on a crossover pipe but hey what would a LR owner know

Yep first thing you do is put a cup holder in so you can have two hands on the wheel