Crack on radiator... Suggestions

smitty_r51

PTO_0311.jpg PTO_0313.jpg People of earth.

Got a slow drip on the radiator... Looks like when it was replaced in tassie they have managed to rest the support at the bottom on the bash plates... This has obviously got a hairline crack in it.

Going to use the dremel to cut off the offending plastic but after suggestions for repair?

Not enough crack to get anything into it...

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
I don’t know that I’d want to have my first go on a couple of hundred dollars worth of radiator, but I’ve been dying to find a use for this..

smitty_r51

I don’t know that I’d want to have my first go on a couple of hundred dollars worth of radiator, but I’ve been dying to find a use for this..

did think that miht be the go...done it before on motorbike fairings using a coat hanger , and fixed the lads drone the other day using a cable melted cable tie...

Might give it a go and see...unless the mechanic who managed to wedge it on the bottom of the bash blate and bent two of the hi-tensile bolts that hold the plates on wishes to make good

typhoeus

[QUOTE...unless the mechanic who managed to wedge it on the bottom of the bash blate and bent two of the hi-tensile bolts that hold the plates on wishes to make good[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that! . .!. plastic welding works but it will always be weak there, and as the plastic ages, it goes brittle. All alloy radiators are cheap these days.

smitty_r51

Good luck with that! . .!. plastic welding works but it will always be weak there, and as the plastic ages, it goes brittle. All alloy radiators are cheap these days.
Yeah i know they are but this one is only 8months old >:-|

ShaunOz

Hey Smitty, I can't see the photo very well but If it's part of the rad tank I reckon I'd be replacing it mate. Ive seen a couple of rad blowouts while on the track and basically it's a show stopper when they go. Not too bad if your just using the car as a daily around town but if you put her under sustained load it might fail you and that would suck.