COVID stopped us camping, but it can't stop us camp firing!

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Which park on the yarra Rog ?
Westerfold Park. We enter from Fitzsimmons Lane to comply with 5k distance. There are other entries adjoining other areas and suburbs to comply with the 5 k distance.

Reactions: phs

phs

Westerfold Park. We enter from Fitzsimmons Lane to comply with 5k distance. There are other entries adjoining other areas and suburbs to comply with the 5 k distance.
Nice,

only been there a hand full of times years ago, probably around the time bill classon did a cod in the yarra write up at a guess around 08

but yeah nice place drove past it today.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
It is 9.00 p.m. but I can't wait till tomorrow. Missus and I had some nibbles (prawns in dip ) with two bottles of wine around the new fire pit I built yesterday. So a couple of pics. Later on I will post a video, maybe tomorrow when I sober up . What a great night. Thanks Patriot for firing me up. COM'ON blokes, be positive and go for it.

Attachments

• 20210901_181702.jpg
    20210901_181702.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210901_180703.jpg
    20210901_180703.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210901_193607.jpg
    20210901_193607.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21

Rusty Panels

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but,

NSW don't forget that the official fire season began yesterday September 1st.

peterfermtech

Nice,

only been there a hand full of times years ago, probably around the time bill classon did a cod in the yarra write up at a guess around 08

but yeah nice place drove past it today.
Used to be a well guarded secret till then. Was also around that time that I had my car broken into whilst out in the canoe.

• Sad
Reactions: phs

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well here is me and the missus firing up our new fire pit last night.
Even found a hot plate and a grill which fit perfect.
Might have to fire it up again tonight.
Maybe chuck a couple of sangers on the fire sounds the go.

phs

Used to be a well guarded secret till then. Was also around that time that I had my car broken into whilst out in the canoe.
Yeah we were very keen fishermen but only fished that spot once, but did put some serious hours in fishing the yarra

only catch and release for us haven’t really had time in the last serval year to put that sort of effort in

4371EFBB-6356-472D-89CA-C6FB8A77E40B.jpeg
E553A803-926C-46E5-AF8D-0C7B0B412AED.jpeg

Last edited:

peterfermtech

Yeah we were very keen fishermen but only fished that spot once, but did put some serious hours in fishing the yarra

only catch and release for us haven’t really had time in the last serval year to put that sort of effort in

View attachment 72275 View attachment 72276
Some lovely freckle backs there. Sadly, today is the birthday of my cod fishing mate that passed away 5 years ago. I expect he is up there sitting by a big redgum fire on the banks of a river, stihl 440 by the wood stack, tinnie on the bank tied up to a redgum root, sipping a cold VB and listening for the bells go to off when a big cod hits one of the bardi grubs. Kev. mate.