COVID stopped us camping, but it can't stop us camp firing!

Patriot

Administrator
Been too long since we've been out in the bush to recharge, and it's getting to be a bit of a struggle for everyone being locked down, so I thought I would do the second best thing. We can't go camping, but we can go camp firing! Bought this epic 4mm steel firepit from Whitehorse Spinners (supporting an Aussie business and an epic use of Aussie steel :) ). The kids were super excited and we spent about 3 hours out in the back yard. Poking the fire, a few drinks, some nibbles and sitting and talking. Been too long since we've done that.

Stay safe - hopefully not too long before we are back out on the tracks and camping.

index.php

2021-08-24 13.37.24.jpg

2021-08-25 21.24.21.jpg

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
That's it. Was talking with the missus about one hour ago. Told her I am gunna buy a fire pit and put it on my back patio. Well just do it. Will bring back memories of when we had our wives in hospital having our first kids. All the blokes would come around, build a fire and end up giving a beer and breaky to the milkman delivering at 5.00 a.m. in the morning.

boobook

I love campfires. Great idea. It may even take on.

Hang on. For years, I've been driving hours or days to go camping. This is much better.

Rusty Panels

I miss the ambience of the fire but not all the hours of finding the wood, cutting the wood, splitting the wood, picking up the wood and putting it in the trailer, carting the wood, unloading the wood, stacking the wood, bringing the wood into the house and the following weekend repeating the process. Now I just press a button!

Colly18

That is exactly what we need! :)
X2.
I'm looking to build a fire pit in our back yard (thinking bricks/concrete); but this steel job looks the goods (and so much better than the cheap/rubbish alternatives I've see thus far). Thanks!

phs

Certainly makes people wonder where they want it live that’s for sure,

We moved last year to a bigger property the kids and us enjoy a fire out the back most weekends + added bonus no need to buy wood any more as there is plenty here.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well. Got a BBQ that I kept from my son Andy after he died and turned it into a fire pit with a bit of creativity. Tomorrow night I will fire it up in his memory. Here's one for you Buddy.

Attachments

• 20210831_171109.jpg
    20210831_171109.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210831_171132.jpg
    20210831_171132.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 12

Rusty Panels

I have an el cheapo down the backyard and it does the job nicely. Had to drill a hole in the bottom to stop the rain water filling it. We have plans to landscape the yard in the future and I want to replace our present fire pit with a crusher cone. They're part of the machinery the quarries use to make little rocks from big rocks. They weigh heaps as I think they're cast iron but should last forever (or until I cark it whichever comes first!)

1630448683518.png

That's a little one!

1630448838223.png

No need for a drain hole either!

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Must be nice to have a back or front yard to get out of the house during lockdowns, many dont.
We like thousands in our area can go for walks and we drive to an enormous park with hundreds of hectares along the Yarra River even with Lock downs and curfews. Back or front yards is a different thing.

Reactions: phs

phs

We like thousands in our area can go for walks and we drive to an enormous park with hundreds of hectares along the Yarra River even with Lock downs and curfews. Back or front yards is a different thing.
Which park on the yarra Rog ?