Corona virus

peterfermtech

So one year after Australia recorded it's first case the word ticks over 100 million :(
Screenshot_20210127_002949.png

mikehzz

People recover because they can be treated in hospital if required. It's been clearly demonstrated that if there are no lock down measures then everyone gets sick at once and the hospitals get overwhelmed. If the hospitals get overwhelmed then the death rate is higher, not only from corona virus, but from anything else life threatening. Hospitals that are overwhelmed cause serious risk to the medical staff working in them. This thing is like the year 2000 bug where software was going to fail when the year ticked over to the new century because all the software was only using the last to digits of the year. It was going to cause chaos and planes could drop out of the sky. However, a massive effort was made to rewrite the software world wide, the year ticked over and nothing happened. Then ignorant people said "what was all the fuss about? It was a false alarm". A massive effort has been made to stop the spread of this thing. The balance of those numbers could have been vastly different if the circumstances were different. You know things are extremely serious when a Liberal government hands out a crap tonne of money. They had tears in their eyes, they even gave double to job seeker....that's almost apocalyptic level serious.
My gut feel is the vaccines will be a bit of a dud and lose their effectiveness in the same way the flu shot does. Trying to vaccinate billions of people yearly and trying to keep up with any new mutations seems insurmountable to me. I can see the drug companies rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a guaranteed yearly goldmine for the foreseeable future. Corona virus in cats is controlled by a drug that just stops the virus replicating, it doesn't kill it or produce antibodies to it. I think we need a pill to take that eases the symptoms so that a hospital visit isn't required. It would probably be our best shot at normality. What do my learned colleagues who also drive off road trucks think? :).

Rusty Panels

As long as they keep letting the precious sports stars come into the country so that the TV stations and sponsors can keep vacuuming money from the viewing public we will continue to have cases. It's not just the sporting heroes! They can't come here without all of their Managers, Physios and of course their girlfriends and groupies.
In addition to that you also have the special international guests and movie stars who appear to be exempt from exclusion provided that they quarantine themselves in a luxury resort for a couple of weeks.
The whole deal is totally crazy. They want to stamp this thing out by limiting our movements and activity but are willing to jeopardise everybody by bending the rules for sports people and celebrities.
Then of course there are those who believe that the all the football and other sporting stars of Australia should be among the first people to receive the vaccinations.
Stop the world I want to get off!!!!

Bigfish1

People recover because they can be treated in hospital if required. It's been clearly demonstrated that if there are no lock down measures then everyone gets sick at once and the hospitals get overwhelmed. If the hospitals get overwhelmed then the death rate is higher, not only from corona virus, but from anything else life threatening. Hospitals that are overwhelmed cause serious risk to the medical staff working in them. This thing is like the year 2000 bug where software was going to fail when the year ticked over to the new century because all the software was only using the last to digits of the year. It was going to cause chaos and planes could drop out of the sky. However, a massive effort was made to rewrite the software world wide, the year ticked over and nothing happened. Then ignorant people said "what was all the fuss about? It was a false alarm". A massive effort has been made to stop the spread of this thing. The balance of those numbers could have been vastly different if the circumstances were different.
Wasting your time with facts. Until one of their close family members dies as a result of the virus or they have lifelong complications...you,ll never fix stupid!!!

You know things are extremely serious when a Liberal government hands out a crap tonne of money. They had tears in their eyes, they even gave double to job seeker....that's almost apocalyptic level serious. They are very upset that they couldnt just target their marginal seats..

My gut feel is the vaccines will be a bit of a dud and lose their effectiveness in the same way the flu shot does. Trying to vaccinate billions of people yearly and trying to keep up with any new mutations seems insurmountable to me. I can see the drug companies rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a guaranteed yearly goldmine for the foreseeable future. Corona virus in cats is controlled by a drug that just stops the virus replicating, it doesn't kill it or produce antibodies to it. I think we need a pill to take that eases the symptoms so that a hospital visit isn't required. It would probably be our best shot at normality. What do my learned colleagues who also drive off road trucks think? :).

We are in the early stages of vaccines. We will improve and find a cure....until some other virus jumps in and has a go. I am still of the opinion that a virus of some sort will be mankinds undoing and possible extinction.

Swaggie

This doesn’t surprise me one bit too many doctors have spoken out about it and have been removed offf the net, oh yeah UK flu cases are down 95%....

DouglasJohnson

Statistics speak not only of frequent neurological disorders but also an increase in the incidence of thrombosis in adults and children. By the way, this can have an impact on cognitive function if it blocks important vessels.

mikehzz

Statistics speak not only of frequent neurological disorders but also an increase in the incidence of thrombosis in adults and children. By the way, this can have an impact on cognitive function if it blocks important vessels.
I'm noticing that a lot of people have impacted cognitive function these days. I think it's just as contagious as the virus. :)