Corona virus

Hoyks

The claim appears to be seriously flawed right from the start, so I'd lable it 'Guesswork' too.
It claims there is a downward trend from 2018 and 2020 is the lowest, then the 1st reply to the question from the CDC (who actually compile the statistics) states that they only have complete data for 2018.

But there are 2 types of people in this world, those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

sharkcaver

Oh well, the Sweden death experiment has finally been put to bed after killing 5 - 10 times the population it needed to. Now hailed as a massive policy failure by the prime Minister, Swedish Health officials and the KIng.

Sweden finally introduces lock down laws
And do you recall those on here that reckoned Sweden had it right all along and the rest of us had it wrong?

The above wasn't my intention to post here, I have left this topic well alone because I probably don't have a kind word to post about some of the stuff posted here.

However I did want to say and I'm sure it comes from all of us:

Sorry to hear that devastating news @smitty_r51.

Some say they don't know others that have caught it. I know a 22 year old from a sydney cluster, that brought it home and killed his grandfather who was in very good health beforehand.
Can you imaging trying to live with that at 22 years of age?

This disease is crap and whatever they can do to get on top of it, the better IMO. We might even have to take a risk to get there.

There you go, I will let myself out.

Hoyks

and in breaking news:

peterfermtech

@peterfermtech

Hi Pete

I meant overall deaths mate, like on this site below. I pulled this up quickly , no idea who owns it but there will be official Government sources somewhere, havnt the time atm to look...

Well I'm sure China has those "official figures" available but I doubt anywhere else in the world will they be available, officially anyhow, until middle of next year (2022). So until then it's just a matter of sorting the bullshit out from the cowshit on which story you want to believe.

Bigfish1

And do you recall those on here that reckoned Sweden had it right all along and the rest of us had it wrong?

The above wasn't my intention to post here, I have left this topic well alone because I probably don't have a kind word to post about some of the stuff posted here.

However I did want to say and I'm sure it comes from all of us:

Sorry to hear that devastating news @smitty_r51.

Some say they don't know others that have caught it. I know a 22 year old from a sydney cluster, that brought it home and killed his grandfather who was in very good health beforehand.
Can you imaging trying to live with that at 22 years of age?

This disease is crap and whatever they can do to get on top of it, the better IMO. We might even have to take a risk to get there.

There you go, I will let myself out.

You know you,ll never fix stupid Sharkie...;)

boobook

and in breaking news:

Here is another interesting article.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/breaking-news/shell-be-right-says-government-as-efficacy-of-astrazeneca-jab-called-is-into-question/

boobook

boobook

I can't believe these tennis players bitching about being in Hotel Quarantine for 2 weeks before the Australian Tennis. They are lobbying to be allowed to quarantine in houses where people own tennis courts, want luxury accommodation for the 2 weeks, be allowed to go out and practise, and better food.

They think they deserve different treatment to everyone else. They were warned before stepping on the plane that this may happen if there were positive cases on the planes, and there were - on every charter flight.

Thankfully Dan the Man has held strong and not given in. He really stuffed the original hotel fiasco but since then he looks better and better. ( on this issue only)

Send em home I say, they're only here to suck millions and advance their career. Cancel the stupid tennis and all hail Chairman Dan. :D

Rusty Panels

I can't believe that they ever even considered allowing the tennis or the cricket to go on. The only way to stop any further cases coming into the country is to stop all entry. The last I saw there were 5 positive covid cases brought into Victoria with the tennis entourage.
The powers that be close the borders to Australians from other states at the drop of a hat but welcome these overseas "sports people" with open arms.
It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Obviously money is more important than life after all. :(

boobook

I can't believe that they ever even considered allowing the tennis or the cricket to go on. The only way to stop any further cases coming into the country is to stop all entry. The last I saw there were 5 positive covid cases brought into Victoria with the tennis entourage.
The powers that be close the borders to Australians from other states at the drop of a hat but welcome these overseas "sports people" with open arms.
It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Obviously money is more important than life after all. :(

Thankfully the Victorian Government has come up with a solution that should make everyone happy
Breaking news.