Corona virus

boobook

Yep, same s#%*t different year!
Maybe it's opposites year.

Because of Biden and the vaccine, USA improves Covid situation faster than any other country.
Sweeden goes into hardest lockdown after acknowledging they killed tons more people than needed.
Swine flu - started in the US, invades China and the rest of the world.
Climate change reverses because no one drives to work or flys anymore.
Anti-vaxxers go quiet and line up for vaccination like everyone else.
People actually realise they like staying at home more than overseas holidays.
Dan Andrews is Australian of the year.
People realise that putting society's health ahead of their own selfish rights does work.
People respect Health and Emergency workers.
Land Rover fixes the Defender and makes it reliable.

Oh well. 9 out of 10 ain't bad. :D:D

Chatty

Maybe it's opposites year.

Because of Biden and the vaccine, USA improves Covid situation faster than any other country.
Sweeden goes into hardest lockdown after acknowledging they killed tons more people than needed.
Swine flu - started in the US, invades China and the rest of the world.
Climate change reverses because no one drives to work or flys anymore.
Anti-vaxxers go quiet and line up for vaccination like everyone else.
People actually realise they like staying at home more than overseas holidays.
Dan Andrews is Australian of the year.
People realise that putting society's health ahead of their own selfish rights does work.
People respect Health and Emergency workers.
Land Rover fixes the Defender and makes it reliable.

Oh well. 9 out of 10 ain't bad. :D:D
How about...

1. Companies realise that they don't need all that ego-boosting CBD office space because everyone can work from home - CBDs around the world become ghost towns, the office blocks are converted to public housing
  2. Donald Trump admits that he lost the election in a fair fight, apologises to Biden and the American public, sells his properties to pay all his outstanding debts and repay the thousands he has ripped off in the past
  3. Telstra admits that their customer service is crap, gives everyone free mobile service for a year while they employ all Australian call workers
  4. Investors finally realise that Elon Musk is a con-man and that Tesla will never make a profit, Musk is last seen living in low-cost CBD housing converted from office space
  5. Scott Morrison admits that he was a Trump boy and that he has mis-managed the country since he came to power, he orders a full double dissolution and in the ensuing election all politicians are prohibited from standing and the public finally gets the chance to elect some people that actually know what they're doing
  6. Mark McGowan admits that repeatedly closing the WA border was nothing more than a vote-grabbing exercise, but it was all he could think of at the time, and finally allows people in WA to be reunited with their families
  7. Cruise ships are reinvented as floating petri dishes where the scientists of the world can rapidly grow large quantities of any bug they like
  8. Traffic controllers are forced to actually understand what they are doing and are fined for unnecessarily blocking roads or for setting up a 40 km/h speed zone without warning on a 110 km/h highway
  9. All the state governments get together and agree that we need a common set of laws across the country for everything, including vehicle modifications and speed limits, the new laws are passed by February
  10. Ford finally admits in public that stating that the Ranger is capable of towing a 3.5t caravan is just a marketing ploy and is not actually achievable

boobook

Traffic controllers are forced to actually understand what they are doing and are fined for unnecessarily blocking roads or for setting up a 40 km/h speed zone without warning on a 110 km/h highway
LOL....AND fined $5000 per day for leaving roadwork speed restricted work zones that are not being worked on. The fine goes up to $20,000 per day after 1 month of no construction work.

Chatty

LOL....AND fined $5000 per day for leaving roadwork speed restricted work zones that are not being worked on. The fine goes up to $20,000 per day after 1 month of no construction work.
Fine the companies and the traffic controllers concerned lose their ticket until they pass remedial training.

sharkcaver

We don't want families over here. We like to be able to go for a run and grab a kebab on the way. I bet his vote grab works. The opposition is abysmal. He didn't need a border closure to secure that, all he had to do was turn up.

Chatty

And all of 2021, vaccinations will only be available to anyone over sixty five, therefore all others are to be locked down for their safety and all the oldies are free to travel and do what they like so they can enjoy what is left of their lives.
I'm fully on board with that one Roger!

mikehzz

Ok, why aren't vaccinations now mandatory for anyone coming in to Australia from overseas, including flight and ship crews? That used to work back in the old days.

MrPoopypants

We don't want families over here. We like to be able to go for a run and grab a kebab on the way. I bet his vote grab works. The opposition is abysmal. He didn't need a border closure to secure that, all he had to do was turn up.
I think this is why I never lost weight running - kebab in hand. (and I mean a mediterranean sandwich - mostly). PP

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I remember as a kid I received many vaccinations. Many through primary and secondary schools and a couple I guess at the local doctors surgery ( now called clinics???). School bus to town, line up at the town hall usually, no complaints, no knowledge about what we got, no assurances, no anti vaxers, just told we had to get one. :).
Still it did eradicate many diseases.
Even to travel overseas later on we got plenty of injections :eek: .

Hoyks

I was 3 months old when I moved to New Guinea, my needle book had a 2nd volume.
Joined the military and on day 3 they marched you down to the hospital and had medics lined up on both sides and jabbing you in each arm as you tried to get through the hallway. I missed out on smallpox and TB as I still had antibodies from when I was a kid=WIN:)

I haven't reacted to a vaccination, although I got a horrible headache after the 2nd Japanese encephalitis jab (you should get that before doing Cape York as its endemic up there), but better than actually suffering from the disease.
TB is probably another that it is worth getting the vaccination for, its also on The Cape, but back in the day a course of antibiotics and you're sorted. Now there are a few strains that are resistant and not getting it in the 1st place is about your only hope of not slowly dying while coughing up a lung.

My take on antivaxers is that it really comes down to them not liking needles or more likely the thought of having to hold their kid while a doctor gives the kid a shot and makes them cry. It makes them feel guilty and sad in their tummy, everything else is just justifying that their decision is sound and not just based on emotion.

boobook

I saw an interesting article before Christmas that said there have been concerted efforts to educate and change Anti vaxxer's minds about the vaccine in the lead up to the upcoming vaccination program in the UK, but they were so brainwashed and resistant to even basic unrefutable facts and common sense that the medical authorities have basically given up trying to get them to listen to any logic. They have now almost decided to just force them through employment, travel and removing financial support and give them little choice but to get vaccinated if they want to use public facilities and resources.

I'll see if I can find it.

Bring it on. I hope they take all rights and financial support away from these ignorant bloodsuckers here too. They rely on others to get societal immunity on their behalf.

Swaggie

Why is it that it normally takes around 7 years plus to get a vaccine right to produce, There rushing it in months, these Companies are skipping animal trials straight to humans trials,Drs are dying, nurses are dying ,70k nurses in the Netherworlds refuse to take it and people are getting bell’s palsy and auto immune responses from it (you feel like you want to die going through that anyway ) Google, Youtube, Twitter etc are removing these stories and ppl that are trying to warn others.
Hell these Companies can’t even tell if the vaccine even works yet.

State your not taking it and your a Conspiracy Theorist or a Anti Vaxxer. People are getting jack of it.I reckon the people I’ve asked and I’ve spoken to a few here and there recently because I’m interested in what they think either way and 80% have said no and 20% have said yes. Now going on this it’s not going to be effective anyway even if you believe the speal that it will be 90-95 effective, funny how they thought they’d get 40-60% effective AT BEST a few months back...

You want the vaccine don’t complain if you get anything like I’ve stated above because youll be a human guinea pig and these Companies are exempt from prosecution. You’ll be on your own.

Well that’s my take on it.Oh just wondering when the flu season will ever come back.

discomatt

hey have now almost decided to just force them through employment, travel and removing financial support and give them little choice but to get vaccinated if they want to use public facilities and resources.
That speaks volumes about the way you think...
I will stay in the freedom of choice camp where people can do their own research and make up their own mind

boobook

That speaks volumes about the way you think...
I will stay in the freedom of choice camp where people can do their own research and make up their own mind
Too right it does. Otherwise, why would I say it? But it's not just me either. We have all posted our views on here, right? Isn't that what the thread is for. ( or at least what it has become over the last 90 pages LOL)

One thing 2020 has taught me is that a small number of attention seeking ignorant fools are forcefully putting their own rights ahead of those in society in general. I am totally over that. Enough is enough.

Anti lockdowners. Where would we be if we listened to them? Like the UK and US and Sweden.
Anti maskers. What the hell do they know? Where would we be if we hadn't worn masks?
Antivaxxers. They want to be shielded by everyone else's immunity. And risk the whole thing not working.
Let the Elderly die because I don't want to take a vaccine. I'm young, out of a risk group, and ok jack. Screw oldies! Who cares that they fought in wars, built this society and gave us this lifestyle. Their lives are not as important as my rights.
Protestors for BLM, Anti lockdown. Anti 5G, anti vax. They don't even know what they believe in, so protest all of the issues in one go in the hope they get the media attention they crave. FFS.

And you know what, these are all the same dim wits who mindlessly listen to several pseudo scam doctor 'thought leaders' on social media who are milking it for millions by exploiting shallow thinking people.

The only Freedom of choice these people should get is... 'You are a threat to the other 99.5% of the population so do you want to live on Manus Island, go home to your own country, Christmas Island, or in detention while this runs its course. All at your expense of course'.

Unfortunately, most of these people are not intelligent enough to be given the privilege of making up their own mind. The Corona was caused by 5G group and the Politicians are really Lizards in suits that have been quoted on earth are perfect examples of a low ability to independently think. Sheeple if you like. They ignore everyone else's rights but their own.

I'm over sitting at home every day with my family un and under employed because others want to execute THEIR rights. Rights are for people who participate in society, not the 'Karen' blood suckers who forfeit their rights.

That way we can get rid of this thing and move on.

Yep, that's what I think.

Where is Darwin when we need him?

Last edited: