Corona virus

Bomber2012

Facts are facts
fullsizeoutput_1192.jpeg

peterfermtech

Today in Victoria there are 8110 active cases and 659 of those are in hospital. That is 1 in 12 people who have this virus require hospitalisation. You then have a 9 in 10 chance of walking out alive. And if you do walk out alive you probably won't be unscathed by the experience. I've had the flu numerous times and whilst I might of thought I was dying I was no where near needing hospitalisation. So if you think this is no different to the flu then you are dreaming.

dno67

OMG, I swear some new screw up comes to light every day.
There's been some stories getting around about people being offered money to change the cause of death certificate to aid hospitals in gaining extra funding under the covid19 situation.
No idea how true or if true at all, but if theres any truth in it theres going to some questions to answer.

Bomber2012

There's been some stories getting around about people being offered money to change the cause of death certificate to aid hospitals in gaining extra funding under the covid19 situation.
No idea how true or if true at all, but if theres any truth in it theres going to some questions to answer.
It will all be swept under the carpet and we will continue to be treated as fools . This inquiry into the hotel quarantine will be dragged out til xmas before the results are released ......while the majority of people are not interested in politics (I was going to say while most people are on holiday but that won't be happening anytime soon) , it to will be swept under the carpet , its a case of jobs for his political supporters not who is the right person for the job .

discomatt

Today in Victoria there are 8110 active cases and 659 of those are in hospital. That is 1 in 12 people who have this virus require hospitalisation. You then have a 9 in 10 chance of walking out alive. And if you do walk out alive you probably won't be unscathed by the experience. I've had the flu numerous times and whilst I might of thought I was dying I was no where near needing hospitalisation. So if you think this is no different to the flu then you are dreaming.
Not sure where you get those numbers but here is the government numbers and if once again I suggest you compare that to total number of deaths from previous years caused by the common flu or colds it just not make any sense to do to society what the government has done.
A bad flu season is way higher numbers and not one person bats an eyelid, yes yes I know this is different to the flu and way more contagious but look at the big picture not just small aspects then ask yourself where are we heading and what is the long term solution?
As a nation it is ridiculous to even consider continuing down the current path indefinitely.
And yes I am in my 50's smoked heavilly for years and have compromised lungs, so frigin what I am not so selfish and narrow minded to put my situation above that of the whole country and its future

discomatt

In the last month I have spoken to 2 people who had the same experience, 1 who had an uncle die in hospital from complications after cancer treatment, the hospital put it down as a Covid death , the family was disgusted and horrified that it was a covid death not cancer when he had no positive test another case where a brother lined up for hours to get tested, he had his details taken but then left after waiting nearly 3 hours with no test done, 24 hours later he was notified he had tested positive, yep believe the system and the numbers, not bloody likely

Bomber2012

A clear plan regarding what will happen in the next few months would be handy , surely someone in government/private sector must be considering what plan will be implemented to cover all scenario's . This idea of making policy on the run from people who can't even tell us the truth has got to stop , this situation is way to much for our state government to deal with , its time for experts in this field to start calling the shots , as has been mentioned each day there are clear and obvious stuff ups being made .

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
By the way, is it all over?? Must be??? Sure it is????
Just that I took the missus' car for a spin (around the block three times) just to give it a run after twelve weeks. Well I was running it in the driveway, but ran out of petrol. I did go get some petrol to justify the trip, trip? Ha!.
Well we don't go anywhere but the back yard. Food, drinks, whatever are all home delivery since early May, makes that about twelve weeks.
Anyway, I saw a few hundred people up our main street , very small shopping strip, hundreds if not thousands of dogs, everyone having a great time, coffee shops and takeaways doing a fantastic trade. People eating on benches, people walking with masks down and in hand. One woman was wearing a pair of floral beach shorts?, old Dunlop volley sand shoes with black woollen socks, walking, did not look like she could run to the front door, however had a mask in her hand??
So when I got home I told the missus it must be time to go out, we are free to go.
Can someone help me out as I don't want to look stupid and say I am locked up at home when everyone is out there having fun.
Just want to say we are all in this together so I should be out ther enjoying what's left of my life together with the hundreds of others out there. :eek:.

phs

"Permitted Worker Permit" It wasn't until 5pm the night before this took effect I realised I would require one to go about my work , with no idea what I had to do I rang a few mates in the building game , most were like me and had no idea this was required . I made a call to a mate who is a local copper to clarify what was needed , his reply was "He didn't know either" he told me to download and print off a copy , have it sitting next to you in the car , if you are pulled over politely show the officer your "permit" . It doesn't matter if it is filled out correctly or not as there is every chance the cop who pulls you over won't have a clue either .

had the same experience, No one in the building / construction game was briefed sufficiently, considering its over 300,000 people and as they stated the life blood of the economy you would have thought some clearer guidelines would have been outlined.

Every big job in Melbourne was unsure who was doing what Monday until yesterday arvo.

it was eventfully made clearer on Thursday arvo that 25% was the medium from mobilisation to current.

that significantly dropped numbers as prior people modelled off current or peak figures

some jobs went from 300 down to 25

dno67

By the way, is it all over?? Must be??? Sure it is????
Just that I took the missus' car for a spin (around the block three times) just to give it a run after twelve weeks. Well I was running it in the driveway, but ran out of petrol. I did go get some petrol to justify the trip, trip? Ha!.
Well we don't go anywhere but the back yard. Food, drinks, whatever are all home delivery since early May, makes that about twelve weeks.
Anyway, I saw a few hundred people up our main street , very small shopping strip, hundreds if not thousands of dogs, everyone having a great time, coffee shops and takeaways doing a fantastic trade. People eating on benches, people walking with masks down and in hand. One woman was wearing a pair of floral beach shorts?, old Dunlop volley sand shoes with black woollen socks, walking, did not look like she could run to the front door, however had a mask in her hand??
So when I got home I told the missus it must be time to go out, we are free to go.
Can someone help me out as I don't want to look stupid and say I am locked up at home when everyone is out there having fun.
Just want to say we are all in this together so I should be out ther enjoying what's left of my life together with the hundreds of others out there. :eek:.
Just got word from someone driving home through pakenham the amount of traffic (especially bad recent arrival drivers) and people out was crazy considering we're supposed to in lockdown.
Very worrying.

dno67

had the same experience, No one in the building / construction game was briefed sufficiently, considering its over 300,000 people and as they stated the life blood of the economy you would have thought some clearer guidelines would have been outlined.

Every big job in Melbourne was unsure who was doing what Monday until yesterday arvo.

it was eventfully made clearer on Thursday arvo that 25% was the medium from mobilisation to current.

that significantly dropped numbers as prior people modelled off current or peak figures

some jobs went from 300 down to 25
They have spent more time discussing the end of year atar and VCE results than informing the construction industry.
Anyway, l can say lm back in bissness available and able to work on upto 3 new house or construction sites a week in the stage 4 lockdown area and both residential and new sites stage 3 lockdown areas. Providing l meet my covid19 working conditions.

I'd suggest, anyone needing industry clarification ring the
Bissisness victoria line on 13 2215

Last edited:
Reactions: phs

boobook

Not sure where you get those numbers but here is the government numbers and if once again I suggest you compare that to total number of deaths from previous years caused by the common flu or colds it just not make any sense to do to society what the government has done.
A bad flu season is way higher numbers and not one person bats an eyelid, yes yes I know this is different to the flu and way more contagious but look at the big picture not just small aspects then ask yourself where are we heading and what is the long term solution?
As a nation it is ridiculous to even consider continuing down the current path indefinitely.
And yes I am in my 50's smoked heavilly for years and have compromised lungs, so frigin what I am not so selfish and narrow minded to put my situation above that of the whole country and its future

Matt to compare the previous year's flu numbers to Corona numbers is apples to oranges. It isn't a valid comparison.

The Covid numbers are with masks, social distancing, lockdowns, intensive health support, and a new level of hygiene, the Flu numbers are with none of that. If it was life as usual, like when the flu numbers apply to then the Covid numbers would be 100 fold, even 10 times what the US is experiencing. We'd make Brazil look normal.

And of course, there is something that significantly affects the numbers, the Flu Vaccine.

To show how dramatic the lockdown is, there were only 229 people with the flu in Australia in April during the lock down, compared with 18.700 in April last year. Covid is significantly more contagious than the flu so it would have been a massacre without a lockdown.

discomatt

Matt to compare the previous year's flu numbers to Corona numbers is apples to oranges. It isn't a valid comparison.

The Covid numbers are with masks, social distancing, lockdowns, intensive health support, and a new level of hygiene, the Flu numbers are with none of that. If it was life as usual, like when the flu numbers apply to then the Covid numbers would be 100 fold, even 10 times what the US is experiencing. We'd make Brazil look normal.

And of course, there is something that significantly affects the numbers, the Flu Vaccine.

To show how dramatic the lockdown is, there were only 229 people with the flu in Australia in April during the lock down, compared with 18.700 in April last year. Covid is significantly more contagious than the flu so it would have been a massacre without a lockdown.
Just like Sweden, another day with almost cases and no lock downs.
And to compare Australia and our health system to Brazil is also apples and oranges , lets face it everyone is going a have a different point of view about all this and only time will tell what was the correct coarse of action

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
I have read every reply/comment in this thread and vowed not to comment as I am no expert, unlike what appears to be many 4x4 Earth members, but cant help myself now. I am not going to get into the 'blame game', but I am frustrated with how Victoria got it so wrong compared to other states/territories. We all know about the quarantine issue, but imo when each stage of restrictions were bought in, there were so many 'grey areas' that were open to interpretation and able to be exploited. Personally, I believe the BLM protest opened the floodgates with many saying;"If they wont obey the rules, why should we?', as I also believe it had a bigger impact than has been reported. I get the impression that many proposed restrictions where implemented 'on the run' without crossing the T's & dotting the i's. causing so much confusion. When restrictions were tightened here a couple of weeks ago, pubs/restaurants closed etc, the 5klm restriction should have been included then with only 2 reasons to go outside that boundary, work or medical/care ONLY. Anyway, unfortunately is all 'water under the bridge' now & we have to live with it in Vic and I applaud Discomatt for having the balls to say it as it is; re where the majority of cases in Melb Metro are.

But let's move on; what is going to happen in 6 weeks here in Victoria...:confused:. What will the Govt deem as 'acceptable' new daily numbers to allow the State to get back to some sort of normality; 10, 100 200?. Same goes with death numbers, as I believe we are not going to have zero in either category for sometime to come. We need people to get back to work & accept that this is not going to go away for sometime yet.

dno67

Thats assuming you have 4hrs to spend on hold . :confused: :confused: :confused:
Rang this thismorning and got straight through, unlike the DHHS number the government covid19 site suggests to call.
Spent a whole day ringing that sucker without success. The young lady was very helpful, alarmingly during our conversation she mentioned a very large % of calls were from people not employed in an industry wanted to know if they could to dob someone that is working.