• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Corona virus

Colly18

Grand Prix cancelled! I guess AFL and NRL will follow(?)
"Social distancing" appears the go!?
I found this a very informative article (not sure if it has been displayed elsewhere on the forum?)

dno67

We reverted to purchasing bog roll online, 100% markup but atleast its guaranteed delivery. Where the hell, is all the paper
going ?

Colly18

We reverted to purchasing bog roll online, 100% markup but atleast its guaranteed delivery. Where the hell, is all the paper
going ?
We thought the panic buying would have slowed by now, but still next to no toilet paper in the local supermarkets. Local IGA offered us a free Brissy newspaper today as we spent X dollars in store. So I grabbed it, figuring I may need it for toilet paper, the way things are at present.

dno67

I think the current round of deliveries getting smashed by those that misswd out last week. Hopefully it migh abate in thw next week or two. Then it'll probably be something else in short supply.

Albynsw

I am sitting in the local fish and chip shop
Ordered the usual chips fish corals etc etc and she proceeded to writing it down and tried adding a 6 pack of sunny roll .......at least it gave her a laugh

dno67

Its only going to worse from now on Deano.
People will go mental
Yep, sadly l think you might be right. The mrs looked online at the site where she got the bog roll, gone up a dollar a roll overnight.
I have very little faith in the majority of humanity, and our PM assuring us there ready. Ready to go to football last night, now councling all group meetings of 500 or more people. Seems the only people in charge are the ones with the toilet paper. Haha.

discomatt

Cash will be the next craze, everyone will feel the need to empty every ATM because you gotta have cash when the apocalypse happens

dno67

That will stuff them up as a lot of places are talking about not accepting cash , so they don't have to handle the money .
Don't be silly, they'll put one of those disposable gloves on and make your sandwich with the same glove still on the hand. Health inspectors should be running around catching every one of them. Wearing a glove for there protection only. Pfft. The cheek.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Cash will be the next craze, everyone will feel the need to empty every ATM because you gotta have cash when the apocalypse happens
Don't be silly, they'll put one of those disposable gloves on and make your sandwich with the same glove still on the hand. Health inspectors should be running around catching every one of them. Wearing a glove for there protection only. Pfft. The cheek.
Cash, especially notes, is one of the most serious ways of spreading disease. Be sure when you handle money you follow up with strict hygiene protocol and wash hands asap. This disease is not like others in the past, because we have a lack of immunity against it.