Corona virus

muffin man

Not sure why you bother even responding to the nonsense written by some on here, they'll never get common sense. I've ignored them for so long now it's quite good to read this thread and only see sensible comments. Lets face it most of them only believe the MSM and covid is no longer reported there, so based on that it can't be a problem.

boobook

Mandates are a requirement under a specific law. Saying that you are anti mandate equals saying you are against the specific law it comes from. We live in a democracy and we elect our law makers. Since when is it ok to cherry pick which laws you decide to obey if you want to live in democracy?
If you don't like certain laws, then now is your chance (election) to raise your voice and campaign.

Exactly. Drive on the left is a mandate. Don't murder people is a mandate.

The term mandate is a hijack that anti-vaxxers have given a new anti-authoritarian spin to. It is otherwise known as the Law. Law is not an 'opt out' program if you want exclude society's needs and everyone else's rights in favour of your own. That is otherwise known as anarchy where it is a race to the bottom.

boobook

Another aspect to keep in mind is the antivax/anti Covid brigade is only a minority group that preyed on a much larger group of people who were undecided, by use of false and misleading campaigns.

Fixed it for ya Alby. Remember the absolute lack of regard for facts, and the campaigns that kept appearing worldwide overnight.

Oh and when presented with proof that statements were just made up.................silence and change subject.

There were some hilarious posts for sure.

Last edited:

boobook

I have recently been visiting someone in a big hospital. They have been in and out a few times but said this time was like nothing else. She said the nursing and other staff have no time for patients and they seem to be cold with patients.

I put it down to lack of government funding but several nurses and 1 doctor said that the past 2 years has been devastating with the complete overload of the system and staff to work. I can tell you that the medical staff have a common revulsion of anti-vaxxers who turn up for treatment, and unnecessary hospitalisations.

Leave cancelled, double shifts, and they keep turning up and serving others. They are exhausted. These people gave everything, even to those who make everyone's life a misery through selfish ignorance.

Where are their rights?

Kippie

It's not over yet!

COVID-19 infections in Australia hit worldwide highs — and experts predict another Omicron variant spike is coming

AMA warns re-infection rates to rise, as SA's COVID death toll surpasses 400

Last edited:

discomatt

Ah the good old lock downs and masks will be back just after the election no doubt, 4th booster anyone?
Phizzer must be loving this.

A comment was made about hospitals , didn't state but as I read it implied , I could be wrong about the implication but I doubt it, that they are overloaded due to anti vaxxers who I assume are also people who are vaccine hesitant.
The hospital system has been struggling for years well before covid, one would think that entering the 3rd year of a pandemic governments would have addressed the issues but no they just lay the blame game and never address the real issues. Oh and offre staff a 250 bonus if they stick around another 6 months.
One issue is over the last 20 years there has been a shift in mentality and attitude toward death.
When my better half started in aged care, old people would live their lives being kept comfortable, family, friends, residents and staff in a safe happy environment where people lived and people died.
Yes that right,they died , in their beds, being kept comfortable with loved ones to see them off, the way it should be although hard for the staff who cared and attended to the resident some times for up to 10 years, Lisa would often come home from work devastated because a lovely oldie had passed away.
Whats the point of this little rant?
Its the difference from then till now.
Now a resident takes a turn, goes down hill a little and they are rushed off to hospital, they must be kept alive at all costs, no one should die attitude, that comes from family or management most of the time both but unless the family has put down clear instructions of DNR or a medical plan to just keep comfortable when nature starts to take it course that is what happens.
Over the last few years Lisa hasn't come home devastated because she had to help someone pass in a safe and loving environment, she was coming home devastated because no one could visit loved ones and because she had to manage CPR on frail, old dead bodies to keep family and management happy in the thought we did everything we could all the while listening to ribs shatter and break .
The system and society is wacko and now lay blame with people who don't want a brand new vaccine that has zero long term testing or known health outcomes , its a funny old world with bazaar and illogical thought

boobook

Ah the good old lock downs and masks will be back just after the election no doubt, 4th booster anyone?
Phizzer must be loving this.

A comment was made about hospitals , didn't state but as I read it implied , I could be wrong about the implication but I doubt it, that they are overloaded due to anti vaxxers who I assume are also people who are vaccine hesitant.
The hospital system has been struggling for years well before covid, one would think that entering the 3rd year of a pandemic governments would have addressed the issues but no they just lay the blame game and never address the real issues. Oh and offre staff a 250 bonus if they stick around another 6 months.
One issue is over the last 20 years there has been a shift in mentality and attitude toward death.
When my better half started in aged care, old people would live their lives being kept comfortable, family, friends, residents and staff in a safe happy environment where people lived and people died.
Yes that right,they died , in their beds, being kept comfortable with loved ones to see them off, the way it should be although hard for the staff who cared and attended to the resident some times for up to 10 years, Lisa would often come home from work devastated because a lovely oldie had passed away.
Whats the point of this little rant?
Its the difference from then till now.
Now a resident takes a turn, goes down hill a little and they are rushed off to hospital, they must be kept alive at all costs, no one should die attitude, that comes from family or management most of the time both but unless the family has put down clear instructions of DNR or a medical plan to just keep comfortable when nature starts to take it course that is what happens.
Over the last few years Lisa hasn't come home devastated because she had to help someone pass in a safe and loving environment, she was coming home devastated because no one could visit loved ones and because she had to manage CPR on frail, old dead bodies to keep family and management happy in the thought we did everything we could all the while listening to ribs shatter and break .
The system and society is wacko and now lay blame with people who don't want a brand new vaccine that has zero long term testing or known health outcomes , its a funny old world with bazaar and illogical thought

Matt, I assume your reference to the post is mine. Perhaps I should make it clearer so you didn't have to make assumptions.

The Doctors and Nurses were specific about the decline due to the additional workload in the last couple of years due to unvaccinated patients. They are exhausted. Everyone knows that the system is overloaded. But they were commenting that covidiots had pushed the system over the limit. I trust doctors and nurses to understand this a lot more than 4wd forums ( unless those posters are also real doctors) . All the more reason that people should consider the facts and not put themselves ahead of others.

It's just common sense and applies to any resource, don't waste it, especially if it is already at capacity. If a house's electric circuit is at its limit, and some fool turns an electric heater on, completely overloading the system knowing the situation and burns the house down, he still caused the overload. He can't claim - "Der it wasn't me". Same for anti-vaxxers.

Last edited:

Mick_Marsh

Matt, I assume your reference to the post is mine. Perhaps I should make it clearer so you didn't have to make assumptions.

The Doctors and Nurses were specific about the decline due to the additional workload in the last couple of years due to unvaccinated patients. They are exhausted. Everyone knows that the system is overloaded. But they were commenting that covidiots had pushed the system over the limit. I trust doctors and nurses to understand this a lot more than 4wd forums ( unless those posters are also real doctors) . All the more reason that people should consider the facts and not put themselves ahead of others.

It's just common sense and applies to any resource, don't waste it, especially if it is already at capacity. If a house's electric circuit is at its limit, and some fool turns an electric heater on, completely overloading the system knowing the situation and burns the house down, he still caused the overload. He can't claim - "Der it wasn't me". Same for anti-vaxxers.
Surely, all your hated anti-vaxers would be dead by now.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Surely, all your hated anti-vaxers would be dead by now.
giphy (1).gif

discomatt

so what exactly is the % of hospitalisations and deaths of vaxxed and none vacxxed?
Government and media no longer put the states out, even after the federal government urged the states to release figures on how many people were in hospital with covid verse those who are in hospital because of covid but just silence from each state.
Same old same old, go to hospital for a broken leg and have covid you are a covid number in hospital , talk about manipulating figures

Mick_Marsh

Interesting.
I should point out, double vaxed is no longer considered to be fully vaxed. From what I have found, only a little over half the population are tripple vaxed. So, in this article, they count double vaxed as partially vaccinated.
What I get from this article, is SA, there are more vaccinated people in hospital than vaccinated (fully and partially).

"Of those hospitalisations, SA Health said 107 patients had received three or more vaccine doses and 110 patients are either unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, or have an unknown vaccination status. "

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Because you are part or fully vaccinated does no mean you won't catch covid.
You may get a little sick, very sick, or even die. You may even get long covid.
Same for the unvaccinated.
The benefits of vaccination is that people who have a weaker immune system for whatever reason, have better odds.
It will also help our community to cope with less hospitalisation and other complications.
Just like other diseases we get.
Most importantly is that we make a decision to support others even if we reckon we are invincible.
This business of "I am OK Jack, bugger the rest of you", only confirms that one is only concerned about themselves and their families.
And most of all, every life is just as important as every other life.
If a diseases kills young people, do we accept that because it won't affect us old people.
Seems like logic has gone out the window. Or maybe a me me attitude has raised it's ugly head again.

Kippie

Vaccine efficacy wanes over time. Even natural immunity from having caught Covid wanes. Furthermore, new strains can evade the vaccine and naturally acquired immunity. In other words, Covid is here to stay and in order to reduce the risk you'd have to keep up your vaccinations.

Rusty Panels

A friend of mine was concerned over his grandchild who is only 3 and recently picked up a cold from pre-school. It really knocked the little one who had never been sick before because everyone had been in lockdown pretty much since she was born. There will no doubt be a very high instance of little kids getting very sick because they haven't been exposed to the usual bugs that we all grew up with.