Corona virus

red hilux

Most people are just trying to plan ahead. Prepped for a long stay at home

also media hype. Like the Covid kit, stock up on hydrolyte as a symptom for Covid di diarrhea.
Good luck buy hydro lyte.
Panadol, gone

sharkcaver

At least you can still do an Australia day celebration without being shamed and without the spinless government cancelling it due to the virus, i mean....
If we get community transmission before then, I bet they will can it. And so they should. Why would you advocate a super spreader event?

discomatt

If we get community transmission before then, I bet they will can it. And so they should. Why would you advocate a super spreader event?
Do you think it would make any real difference to the total numbers, I doubt it but in my opinion it has more to do with the whole political invasion day verses Australia day discussion and politics

LongRoad2Go

As I have always stated, the truth will eventually come out, and yes I still think Fauci knows more than he is letting on
DiscoMatt, be careful posting information that infers 'Westerners' have identified a problem in China ... it may get you labelled as a racist. (50 Cent Army perhaps?);)

boobook

DiscoMatt, be careful posting information that infers 'Westerners' have identified a problem in China ... it may get you labelled as a racist. (50 Cent Army perhaps?);)
No, I don't ever reacll Matt making niave racist comments, and would not label him as a racist based on that post, I was specifically referring to your earlier post and your comments made out of ignorance. No connection.

As to the 50 cent army, lol I don't get any funding from the Chinese government. Another false assumption. Read my comments, as I said it's not all rosy there, but there is a lot we can learn, and there is no need to be racist about it.

discomatt

, but there is a lot we can learn, and there is no need to be racist about it.
No doubt there are a lot of very positive things we could learn from the Chines culture, it is 5000 years old after all also a lot we could learn from Chines society that is very possitive, nothing to take from Chimes government or the Communist party and if you dig deep enough what we could learn from there current society would go back to their cultural beliefs and what they need to do as family groups to survive and get by living under the communist regime, very different to what you implied or at least how your posts came across.

boobook

No doubt there are a lot of very positive things we could learn from the Chines culture, it is 5000 years old after all also a lot we could learn from Chines society that is very possitive, nothing to take from Chimes government or the Communist party and if you dig deep enough what we could learn from there current society would go back to their cultural beliefs and what they need to do as family groups to survive and get by living under the communist regime, very different to what you implied or at least how your posts came across.
Yep, and I think Xi is a megalomaniac with dangerous world domination aspirations. I'd like to see him go at 9am tomorrow.

BUT as you say, that doesn't make the whole country and people bad. Even the communist party, there are a lot of moderates,. Same as here. Not all libs are clones of Scott Morrison. The overwhelming majority of the population, about 80 percent approve, and do not want to replace the system with democracy. Now Chinese living here are more likely to approve of a western style of democracy, thats why they possibly moved here.

Again though, while we may not like Xi, and the system, his party has made the great majority of people better off, wealthy and happy. Some suffer badly, but same here and the US. As to the proposition that the Chinese population don't know better because of the internet. Sure, but about 600 million Chinese tourists have travelled overseas. They are not completely in the dark.

The Novak thing is a great example. We have fluffed around, spent Millions of dollars, made fools of our selves for 1 persons benefit over 25 million. And he is not even a citizen, and only here to make money. He would have been going home on the same flight in China with the cheers of 1.5 billion people. Who has the best system in that case?

I can tell you, it is really nice to live in a society where government works and things get done, and for the benefit of most of the people, not the PITA 3%. As I say. It's not all roses, but neither is any system, and people who obviously have no idea making broad, racist comments just show their ignorance.

Back to my point, it's not black and white, and Ill informed racist comments aren't helpful. (Im not referring to you. I'm referring to earlier posts where someone is trying to say I'd also apply my comments to you which I do not).

Last edited:

Albynsw

I can tell you, it is really nice to live in a society where government works and things get done, and for the benefit of most of the people, not the PITA 3%. As I say. It's not all roses, but neither is any system, and people who obviously have no idea making broad, racist comments just show their ignorance.

I think that is a major reason that the country prospers and we procrastinate. They do what is best for the nation and only the minority suffers the consequences. Here we do it the other way around

sharkcaver

Do you think it would make any real difference to the total numbers, I doubt it but in my opinion it has more to do with the whole political invasion day verses Australia day discussion and politics
Total numbers, probably not considering omy's infectiousness. But rate of increase, definitely so. Our hospitals are fubar now. Add a massive spike in omy, hitting all at once and everyone suffers, you being covid infected or not. Hence strategies need to be implemented to spread the load. The indigenous protesting their thoughts is a separate matter and sky show wont be canned due to that. I've just returned from a weekend away, and find out omy is here now. Mask mandates are in place for Perth/Peel and the South West regions. All to reduce the rate of infection increase. And still not a word on not allowing a super spreader event to take place. There is a lot of money at stake in regards to cancelling sky show.

muffin man

Just now on ch 9 fake news the reporter said most of the 77 who died yesterday hadn't had their 3rd dose. I suspect this is the MSM playing with numbers so who'd know. Does anyone know if this is correct. According to this that means double vaxx and unvaxxed are equal ?

Albynsw

Just now on ch 9 fake news the reporter said most of the 77 who died yesterday hadn't had their 3rd dose. I suspect this is the MSM playing with numbers so who'd know. Does anyone know if this is correct. According to this that means double vaxx and unvaxxed are equal ?

i pretty much ignore the media dribble regardless who it is from but do listen in to their interviews with medical personal.
The message from all I have seen is consistent with vaccination that it substantially improves your outcome in all aspects of Covid. I have never seen any inference that you would be better off unjabbed than jabbed so are happy to continue taking medical professionals advice

My wife and I are at home with Covid now and worse thing about it is we can’t buy a coffee or go to the pub