Corona virus

G_ute

I bet if you looked at any of the few countries around the world with good state/public healthcare, meaning a high level of care, low waiting lists, good outcomes they will have much higher income tax rates.
(And perhaps also a result of generally healthier populations)

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Fish and Chips on Friday! Yes, I have fish and chips every Friday for dinner. I buy them at the local fish and chippery.
It's a bit of a tradition.
What's your point?

Oh, I won't correct your abysmal spelling. As your teachers were unable to teach you, I don't expect I would be able to teach you spelling.
I guessed that you ate fish and chips regularily because I can see plenty of chips sitting on your shoulder. And by the way how are you able to get your head through your front door?

Mick_Marsh

I guessed that you ate fish and chips regularily because I can see plenty of chips sitting on your shoulder. And by the way how are you able to get your head through your front door?
You are quite correct. I eat my chips.
I do not, however, wear them as a fashion accessory.

Over the last decade or more, I have engaged in many a discussion on various subjects via various fora. What I have observed is, when people begin to realise their cause is lost, they turn on the opponent rather than attacking the opponent's argument.

Reading that you are attacking me, rather than my arguments, gives me great pleasure. I now realise you have more confidence in my arguments than your own.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Fish and Chips on Friday! Yes, I have fish and chips every Friday for dinner. I buy them at the local fish and chippery.
It's a bit of a tradition.
What's your point?

Oh, I won't correct your abysmal spelling. As your teachers were unable to teach you, I don't expect I would be able to teach you spelling.
You are quite correct. I eat my chips.
I do not, however, wear them as a fashion accessory.

Over the last decade or more, I have engaged in many a discussion on various subjects via various fora. What I have observed is, when people begin to realise their cause is lost, they turn on the opponent rather than attacking the opponent's argument.

Reading that you are attacking me, rather than my arguments, gives me great pleasure. I now realise you have more confidence in my arguments than your own.
So you did not disparage me?Attack me? Or others on this site?
Anyone, including others on here can see the hypocrisy seeping from you. One thing you need to understand.
You have to learn to distinguish between someone taking the mickey and someone you perceive is attacking you.
Are you so up there ? And here you are trying to act so educated.
Stop looking in the mirror at yourself and trying to put your words into other peoples' mouths.
You have got to get out of bed a lot earlier.
And on second thoughts.
I am not prepared to take this discussion any further.
So I intend to leave it there.
Feel welcome to say whatever and I will not respond. Time to move on and not create a personal problem that could destroy this thread.
All the best for the future and yes,I agree to disagree.
More importantly, if I ever meet you, I will share a beer.
Take care.

Last edited:

discomatt

Matt I acknowledge that the staff are under a lot of pressure even before the pandemic. I am a little surprised/ confused by your latest remark because you have constantly been banging on about rather than getting the jab we should just have more icu beds to deal with it which flys in the face of what you are now saying
Nothing to be confused about, I still think mandated vaccines are wrong, I still think the hospital system needs to be improved and what better time than in a pandemic and Liza is not leaving nursing because of the vaccine mandate she will be leaving due to other covid responses, the way staff are treated and the way residents are treated and how covid has removed the personal side of aged care and made it very clinical, not the ideal way for humans to live out their last days.
Then of coarse there is the over worked side which is an age old problem that has been made even worse with the implementation of many covid rules imposed by federal and state governments

Albynsw

Nothing to be confused about, I still think mandated vaccines are wrong, I still think the hospital system needs to be improved and what better time than in a pandemic and Liza is not leaving nursing because of the vaccine mandate she will be leaving due to other covid responses, the way staff are treated and the way residents are treated and how covid has removed the personal side of aged care and made it very clinical, not the ideal way for humans to live out their last days.
Then of coarse there is the over worked side which is an age old problem that has been made even worse with the implementation of many covid rules imposed by federal and state governments

I get where you are coming from and I am not one for rules and regulations but I understand why they have mandated it just the same. You could say the same about mandatory seat belt wearing which unlike unvaccinated has no impact on other people other than the individual but it is enforced still
I guess that is how society works for the greater good of the people. Some people need help from themselves and their poor decision making

Swaggie

@Albynsw : Where have i ever stated this Virus doesnt exist over the last two years or any other member for that matter.???

I hope they mandate every vaccine for every virus, with no accountability to the manufacturers like today.

So reap what you sow….:);)

Why isn’t anyone talking about the Xi (Sorry Omnicron Virus) coming over here and around the world on vaccinated people, the unvaxed can’t go anywhere , why isnt anyone here talking about this Vaccine being just about useless on this new variant according to Pfizer and Moderna (on tv this morning)

Why isn’t anyone talking about Pfizer not wanting to release any info regarding the vax till 2076.. Doesn’t it ring alarm bells with anyone too trust these scumbags considering they had to pay out billions for lying about tablets around 4 years ago and i was on one and slept my 40’s away…Also there was a Thread on here years ago warning people about it…

The main thing that worries me is Adverse Reactions, Bigtech are with Bigpharma and have been shutting it all down for well over a year it’s in there terms of service.I believe it will come out and they’ll pay for it bigtime.

discomatt

Sorry to offend but anyone who compares wearing a seatbelt with being forced to inject your r body with a experimental vaccine with no long term health studies and only being forced into need a state of emergency is laughable at best, simplistic and stupid at worst
Y s I know, no one is forced, that is also simplistic and stupid IMO

Lost1?

The Greek Govt need every cent the can extract from thier economy. Right now I have been sitting in a testing station que for 45 minutes due to being a secondary contact. Sitting in the que isn't so bad. Listening to some dickheads carry on makes me think one person that own an AMG Merc should be euthanized for the benefit of society.

Mick_Marsh

Sorry to offend but anyone who compares wearing a seatbelt with being forced to inject your r body with a experimental vaccine with no long term health studies and only being forced into need a state of emergency is laughable at best, simplistic and stupid at worst
Y s I know, no one is forced, that is also simplistic and stupid IMO
The thing about seat belts is, if there are problems, you can always unbuckle them.
I am yet to hear of a vaccine you can uninject.

Mick_Marsh

I get where you are coming from and I am not one for rules and regulations but I understand why they have mandated it just the same. You could say the same about mandatory seat belt wearing which unlike unvaccinated has no impact on other people other than the individual but it is enforced still
I guess that is how society works for the greater good of the people. Some people need help from themselves and their poor decision making
What impact have unvaccinated people had on you?

The vaccination status of individuals is unimportant and an individual choice. For most, it is not mandated.
However, the infection status is more of a concern and, as has been demonstrated, vaccinated people can be infected and die.

The decision is poor in who's eyes? Yours? People should be allowed to make decisions for themselves without coercion. If they make a wrong descision, they only have themselves to blame. If someone makes a bad decision for them, who do you think is responsible? The manufacturers have managed to have their responsibility legislated away.

Albynsw

@Albynsw : Where have i ever stated this Virus doesnt exist over the last two years or any other member for that matter.???

Where did I say you said it? I just asked a question based on what I thought was an unusual question as it was the typical line from those who didn’t believe it existed in the earlier stages of the virus.
And in answer to your question I haven’t had covid but two family members have.

Albynsw

The vaccination status of individuals is unimportant and an individual choice. For most, it is not mandated.
However, the infection status is more of a concern and, as has been demonstrated, vaccinated people can be infected and die.

Have a look O/S to countries that have a low vax rate and the impact is pretty obvious isn’t it?

I don’t understand why you keep banging on with the line that vaccinated people can still be infected like it is something new or revolutionary, that has been stated from day one by ALL the authorities, you should however finish the sentence with the rest of the stated facts that the risks are substantially reduced.

The decision is poor in who's eyes? Yours? People should be allowed to make decisions for themselves without coercion. If they make a wrong descision, they only have themselves to blame. If someone makes a bad decision for them, who do you think is responsible? The manufacturers have managed to have their responsibility legislated away.

See how many experts from the medical fraternity you can find who will tell you it’s not a poor decision, I am sure you will be able to dig up a couple but the overwhelming majority won’t support that view will they? I suppose the experts in the field don’t really know what they are talking about.
As far as people being responsible for their own decisions, a lot of them end up in hospital looking to the same experts who’s advice they ignored ( because they know more than them about medicine :rolleyes: ) to help them

Mick_Marsh

Have a look O/S to countries that have a low vax rate and the impact is pretty obvious isn’t it?

I don’t understand why you keep banging on with the line that vaccinated people can still be infected like it is something new or revolutionary, that has been stated from day one by ALL the authorities, you should however finish the sentence with the rest of the stated facts that the risks are substantially reduced.

See how many experts from the medical fraternity you can find who will tell you it’s not a poor decision, I am sure you will be able to dig up a couple but the overwhelming majority won’t support that view will they? I suppose the experts in the field don’t really know what they are talking about.
As far as people being responsible for their own decisions, a lot of them end up in hospital looking to the same experts who’s advice they ignored ( because they know more than them about medicine :rolleyes: ) to help them
Looking O/S, some countries are in deep trouble, some are COVID free.
I have no intention to go O/S. The international border is currently closed except for a very small number of countries.
I am only talking about where we live, Australia. A person currently in England cannot infect me today.
But as you did mention O/S:

Why I "keep banging on with the line that vaccinated people can still be infected" is because we are persecuting the unvaccinated because we mistakenly equate "unvacinated" with "infected". It is not revolutionary, it is ignored. Risks of being infected by an unvaccinated person are reduced to zero when the unvaccinated person is not infected.

On the poor decision, at one point a major proportion of doctors supported the practice of prescribing Thalidomide to pregnant women to control their morning sickness. That, in hindsight, was a poor decision. There are very few doctors today who would prescribe Thalidomide for morning sickness. It took them about twenty years to work that one out.

On vaccines, there have been numerous vaccines removed from the market for various reasons. What is worrying is there are vaccines that can have serious side effects and possibly death that are still on the market. Vaxzevria and Comirnaty being two of them.

Last edited:

peterfermtech

Well if everyone was vaccinated we wouldn't have to go through the routine of showing our vax records and even the more onerous task of signing up to the mygov/medicare BS. Hospitality, retail and all sorts of other businesses wouldn't have to incur the extra cost and staff of checking every patron passing through the doors. We would probably have far less restrictions in general.
But most of all we wouldn't have to put up with the mindless drivel that comes from those that have been led by the pied pipers of social media into believing they are smarter than majority of the the population.

Mick_Marsh

Well if everyone was vaccinated we wouldn't have to go through the routine of showing our vax records and even the more onerous task of signing up to the mygov/medicare BS. Hospitality, retail and all sorts of other businesses wouldn't have to incur the extra cost and staff of checking every patron passing through the doors. We would probably have far less restrictions in general.
But most of all we wouldn't have to put up with the mindless drivel that comes from those that have been led by the pied pipers of social media into believing they are smarter than majority of the the population.
Some people don't have good memories.
We were promised we would be free when we reached 80% vaccination. That's been and gone.
Then, we were promised we would be free when we reached 90% vaccination. That's been and gone.
At 100% vaccination, the virus will still spread. It is a political decision for the requirement to show your vaccination records.
It looks as if this restriction will be in for all of 2022 for Victoria but will be lifted in NSW soon.

Currently there are no federal public health orders or laws that make COVID-19 vaccine passports mandatory in Australia.

Swaggie

So what you’re telling me is IF where all 100% vaccinated the Government won’t give two hoots that vaccinated spread these new Variants..

Want to buy some hair tonic mate, it protects you from omnicron too, very special price for you my friend.. :D :D ;)