Corona virus

discomatt

I wonder if this will lead to more fines for Pfizer, only a couple over the last 20 years so what a few more falsified trials

Albynsw

As I said earlier in this thread.

Another weight around the neck of the employer :rolleyes: Even if there is no negligence and a worker goes on compo because they got Covid at work the insurance premiums will go up for the employer so another cost implication to the employer

Kippie

Another weight around the neck of the employer :rolleyes: Even if there is no negligence and a worker goes on compo because they got Covid at work the insurance premiums will go up for the employer so another cost implication to the employer
I think it's really about how employers deal with unvaccinated staff and customers. If all employees and customers are vaccinated and the employer checks that, then he/she is well on the way of compliance. However if the employer doesn't address the risks associated with unvaccinated people, then that could spell trouble.
In other words, the lives of conscientious anti vaxers will become increasingly restricted.

Last edited:

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
I think it will affect the industry that they are in, I believe the insurance companies go by the industry type to ascertain risk and will spread the cost amongst all businesses in that industry, sure the employer with the immediate claim will get hit the hardest, but it will also hit the wider industry.

EG: Electrical Contractors get lumped in together when applying for insurance, I do very little actual electrical work so my risk of electrocution, causing a fire or other serious incident is minimal, but I pay the same basic rate as a mainstream company commensurate with size of course.

Albynsw

I think it will affect the industry that they are in, I believe the insurance companies go by the industry type to ascertain risk and will spread the cost amongst all businesses in that industry, sure the employer with the immediate claim will get hit the hardest, but it will also hit the wider industry.

EG: Electrical Contractors get lumped in together when applying for insurance, I do very little actual electrical work so my risk of electrocution, causing a fire or other serious incident is minimal, but I pay the same basic rate as a mainstream company commensurate with size of course.

Industries get lumped into different categories for levy calculation, as a builder from memory the standard base levy is 11% of your annual gross wages amount but if you have a claim history your individual rate goes higher than the base rate. It gets expensive very quickly when you have a few staff on the books

Mick_Marsh

As I said earlier in this thread.

Interesting. Another form of coercion.

First, you have to prove you caught it at work. Particularly hard, I suspect. There are many other places you could potentially catch it. Supermarket, public transport, an infected vaccinated person at the local gym, etc.
Then, you would have to find a work colleague who is unvaccinated and infected. Where I work, we have COVID tests every day for the unvaccinated. And several temperature tests each day. Not much chance of COVID getting on site.

Now, as more people died in Australia from influenza in 2019 than the 18 months or so of COVID, will the employers also be responsible for those who get ill with influenza? Will the employers be responsible if you get ill from any disease? To mitigate their exposure, will the employers be able to restrict their employees to barracks as a condition of their employment?

Hmmmm.....
A minefield

boobook

First, you have to prove you caught it at work. Particularly hard, I suspect. There are many other places you could potentially catch it. Supermarket, public transport, an infected vaccinated person at the local gym, etc.
Then, you would have to find a work colleague who is unvaccinated and infected. Where I work, we have COVID tests every day for the unvaccinated. And several temperature tests each day. Not much chance of COVID getting on site.

Now, as more people died in Australia from influenza in 2019 than the 18 months or so of COVID, will the employers also be responsible for those who get ill with influenza? Will the employers be responsible if you get ill from any disease? To mitigate their exposure, will the employers be able to restrict their employees to barracks as a condition of their employment?

Hmmmm.....
A minefield
$35million of payouts in Vic and NSW for work related covid cases show it isnt too hard to prove.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer

Hmmmm.....
A minefield

Mick_Marsh

$35million of payouts in Vic and NSW for work related covid cases show it isnt too hard to prove.
Payouts from who to who?
Was the payee vaccinated or unvaccinated?
Was the payee infected by a vaccinated or unvaccinated person.
Ir are you talking about sick leave entitlements?

Much more detail required.

Mick_Marsh

Proves a point I was making to others. Maybe Australia should impose a country wide lockdown for the influenza season. In the interests of public safety. Influenza and associated respiratory diseases caused 4000 deaths in Australia in 2019. More than the entire COVID pandemic in Australia.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Proves a point I was making to others. Maybe Australia should impose a country wide lockdown for the influenza season. In the interests of public safety. Influenza and associated respiratory diseases caused 4000 deaths in Australia in 2019. More than the entire COVID pandemic in Australia.
Where did you get that figure from? Not from the graph I posted. Maybe doctor google?

boobook

Payouts from who to who?
Was the payee vaccinated or unvaccinated?
Was the payee infected by a vaccinated or unvaccinated person.
Ir are you talking about sick leave entitlements?

Much more detail required.
It's all in the article you commented on. Did you even read that before making your statements?