Corona virus

typhoeus

So on that basis we would have a death rate of about 38,000 :confused:
It's possible if we didn't have lockdowns etc., , let's hope not. Let's also hope that there are few deaths from related issues as well.
Remember, half the country isn't vaccinated yet
Edit: you are right, I just checked. Compared to aus, their figures are pretty bad

Last edited:

Mick_Marsh

Bit long winded story by someone, however being an old bloke I can relate to this.
I'm vaccinated and, no, I don't exactly know what's in it - neither this vaccine, or the ones I had as a child and adult, or in other treatments. Whether it's for cancer, AIDS or vaccines for infants or children. I also don't know what's in other over-counter medications, it just cures my ailments.
I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at used clean foods and washed their hands. I also don’t know how much deadly asbestos is in the buildings I visit.
In short ... There's a lot of things I don't know and never will.
I just know one thing: life is very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or having others in our community and country locked in their homes. I still want to travel.
As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, hep a and b, smallpox, polio, chickenpox, tetanus, influenza, pneumonia and quite a few others. My parents and I trusted science.
I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:
* To not die or become seriously ill from Covid-19.
* To not clutter a hospital bed if I get sick.
* To live my life.
* To have my community and country get back to normal
* To not leave a crippled economy for the next generation
* To explore the world
* For Covid-19 to be an old memory, as it will.
* To protect us all.
Let us pick apart your opinion.

Even double vacinated people can become seriously ill and die from COVID19
Even double vacinated people can clutter a hospital bead. In fact, most people who get COVID19 do not go to hospital.
* To live my life.
Over 25 million Australians are living their lives. So far, in the 18 months of the COVID pandemic, almost 1,500 Australians have died. In 2019, 4,000 Australians died from the flu. I think you have a damned good chance of living.
In my opinion, normal wasn't working too well anyway but, be that as it may, the changes to our lives (border closures, lockdowns, restrictions, etc.) have been political decisions inflicted on us by governments.
We already have. The economy has been crippled for many years before COVID.
* To explore the world
Throughout this pandemic, people ave always been able to leave the country and return. One fellow has been through hotel quarantine six times.
Boder closures, as mentioned before, are political decisions.
You're right, It will become a memory, the pandemic, that is. The WHO will be declaring the pandemic over early next year.
* To protect us all.
This vaccine will never protect us all. It only reduces risk.

peterfermtech

Even double vacinated people can clutter a hospital bead. In fact, most people who get COVID19 do not go to hospital.
* To live my life.
Over 25 million Australians are living their lives. So far, in the 18 months of the COVID pandemic, almost 1,500 Australians have died. In 2019, 4,000 Australians died from the flu. I think you have a damned good chance of living.
In my opinion, normal wasn't working too well anyway but, be that as it may, the changes to our lives (border closures, lockdowns, restrictions, etc.) have been political decisions inflicted on us by governments.
* To explore the world
Throughout this pandemic, people ave always been able to leave the country and return. One fellow has been through hotel quarantine six times.
You're right, It will become a memory, the pandemic, that is. The WHO will be declaring the pandemic over early next year.
* To protect us all.
Pretentious nonsense!

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer

* To live my life.
* To explore the world
* To protect us all.
So where do you stand????
Oh ok. I think I know.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer

"Until 4 September, there were 129 confirmed COVID deaths within NSW – again mostly among the unvaccinated. Of those deaths, 15 (11.6%) were confirmed as fully vaccinated, including six people in their 70s, five in their 80s and four in their 90s."

"Less than 2% of people admitted to intensive care in New South Wales in the first 11 weeks of the recent outbreak were fully vaccinated, the latest NSW Health weekly surveillance report shows."

* To live my life.

Lockdowns are preventing people like myself catching up with my Victorian & NSW 4wding friends and missing out on the annual High Country trips, they are necessary but unfortunately from where I sit I see that there is unfortunately an inability to contain the virus and as our Chief MO says "the virus does not have legs, it is only transmitted / carried by people".

I think Australia was, and still is, a very lucky country and we have been steered clear of the disastrous consequences of the virus compared to many overseas countries largely in part to the lockdowns and other measures that the qualified people within the Health Departments have deemed necessary.

Again, I think Australia was in a very good position in the world economy pre-covid and by the look of it post co-vid
https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/international-economic-comparisons-after-year-pandemic

* To explore the world

Yes you can travel overseas for specific purposes with a travel exemption, but then you need to quarantine for 2 weeks and return negative tests plus pay for your quarantine accommodation
https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/CO...Vjg-RCh1_uwUDEAAYASABEgLfBvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm afraid Covid and its' various strains will be here forever until a very clever scientist(s) works out a way to kill it off completely

* To protect us all.

Absolutely agree, as will clean air, social distancing, good physical hygiene - hand washing and covering mouths when coughing etc

This is a really interesting read from the Royal Australian College of GP
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/unvaccinated-patients-dominate-covid-deaths-and-ic

Stay Safe, Stay Well

Cheers

boobook

Are you referring to the 15 year old ? If so that makes you a pretty horrible person

Edit. The link has changed.

I'm referring to the antivaxxer parent who is now a convert after being in a coma and putting his family at risk.

Last edited:

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Are you referring to the 15 year old ? If so that makes you a pretty horrible person
I read his post earlier and it related to an Anti-Vaxxer that stated he regretted his actions, not the latest feed about the poor Girl that has sadly lost her life due to this despicable disease.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yes not clear, open the link and the first thing you see is the 15yo.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised but it is a live link
Live Link 15 YO.PNG

Kippie

This type of garbage continually rears its head with the anti lockdown brigade. Without lockdown we would have had tens of thousands people die. It is because the lockdowns are so effective to limit the spread that we've had far less deaths.

Corndoggy

Though daughter did have another 15yo girl admitted into icu last night with covid. Looks like it could be starting to go through some staff now where she is.