Corona virus

Kippie

and I get accused of misinformation, thats funny

Take note of the date the article is printed....
Yes it was available when the last outbreak was bought into Vic
Two issues:
1. Approval does not mean it's available. Rapid test kits should be available in November, well after the current lockdowns are scheduled to be over.
2. Rapid test are not as reliable as the PCR tests which is why the government did not want to introduce it too early.

Kippie

So with the 2 removalists case it would have had a very good chance of picking up at least one of the cases
One case in NSW (aircrew ) caused this delta outbreak across Australia. So whether or not the second one would have been picked up is moot. You still haven't provided your alternative to lockdown.

Toyasaurus

It wasn`t the aircrew, it was the driver who started this off because he slipped through the system according to the powers that are useless.
Same as it was the moron who let everyone off the cruise ship.

No one is going to fessup to the biggest cockup this country has ever had.

Last edited:

Colly18

No doubt there will be a spike but I would like to think that is why they are using the 80% jab rate as the target befor opening up so that they can deal with it.

I know we can bang on about how underdone our healthcare system is but you can also do that about our transport system, education, welfare etc etc. They will never be good enough , people will always find faults and flaws in the system.
I am on an American forum and all they keep saying is how lucky we are to have a public health system.

Rather than getting dark on all the negative aspects I am grateful for what we have. With all my/ family dealings with the healthcare system to date I can only say we are a lucky country.
Well said! I totally agree.
Here is where one could drop in a rant about how society/people/minority and disadvantaged groups, etc., now seem to want government to solve all their problems, along with an associated lack of personal responsibility for one's own wellbeing. Yet on the other hand they'll complain about over-regulation and loss of personal freedoms? But I'm sure we've been there in other threads over recent years!
I reflect on how hard done by and imprisoned we think we are due to Covid 19 restrictions and how soft we have become as a society, especially when I consider that my grandfather lived through the 1920's depression, supplemented food for most of his years with trapping 'underground mutton' (rabbits) and worked a lifetime as a railway fettler. He must be turning in his grave at our whinging.

boobook

You’re telling the story. Going by the stats it is MOST likely that they would have both tested and showed a false negative, but say it any way you want, that is what stats are for - manipulating.

Exactly. The tests would have shown that one was positive, or the other one or both or none regardless of actual situation. They are too unreliable to use. That's why they were withdrawn.

boobook

Anyone who thinks the vaccine is a magic carpet ride back to normal life should do some research on Iceland, not looking promising for a country with the worlds highest vaccination rate at nearly 90%, there health system is being over run with new cases and hospitals are nearly at breaking point
3-4 weeks ago they were claiming they had beaten covid , removed all restictions and oped up international tourism, even I was getting quietly confident, how quick things change in the world these days.
On the upside they are seeing less deaths which is fantastic, sadly lock downs and restrictions are being reintroduced so for 99.9 % of the population nothing has changed.
Not what anyone wanted to see

I did my own research.

Iceland DID open up and since they got to 90% about 4 months ago just 3 deaths. Cases reducing, hospitals clearing. Deaths have basically stopped and cases levelling off. All good.

I guess it is what everyone wants to see after all. Except some will be disappointed in the success of the vaccine by the looks of it.

Good to see the vaccine works after all huh? Using your example, it is hard even for an antivaxxer to say its anything other than a spectacular success.

Bring 90% on here.

muffin man

Not enough world data or time elapsed to know the full effects of the experiment. On a separate note, remember Sweden and the criticism in the early days of not panicking and locking down. Check out there stats now, very impressive.

I swam my fastest 400m in 18mths by 15 secs, 3 days after my first AstraZeneca jab.

Should have given AZ to our Olympians instead of Pfizer ;)

Our youngest went to Tokyo to cover the Games, so was one of the first to be fully vaxed with Pfizer. She's also had 37 Covid tests (one every day over there, plus more here). Then 2 weeks in Brisbane quarantine overlooking the river.

Quarantine View.jpg

boobook

Not enough world data or time elapsed to know the full effects of the experiment. On a separate note, remember Sweden and the criticism in the early days of not panicking and locking down. Check out there stats now, very impressive.

Nice pick up. Yes Sweden's cases and deaths have dropped dramatically since the vaccine rolled out. 65% double vaccine rate and 80% of over 15's

The case drop coincides with the increased rollout. In fact the rapid vaccine rollout and the dramatic drop in cases and deaths as a result is seen as a success case. It's being attributed to their trust in government.

Other Nordic countries that didn't use the failed experiment are even better off.

Further proof the vaccine is working. Well spotted.

Last edited:

paulblah

Yep, all for freedom of choice.

I'm also strongly aware that the silent majority has the right to protect themselves from antivaxers, and the ramifications of their choices should it all go South.

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom of access, and if you choose not to vax, you do not have the right to weigh down the silent majority with your illness.

To not vax is to walk away from the system and all its support as far as I am concerned. Go die on the mountain.

The flip side is the silent majority all dies from 5g induced brain cancer and the antivaxers inherit the earth - I am comfortable taking that bet.
If choosing not to vax is to walk away from the system and all it support. What does this mean for the life of a heavy drinker or smoker. What does it mean for people taking part in dangerous sports, What does it mean for all the obese people putting pressure on the systems finite resources. The lifestyle of many people (many on this forum no doubt) puts more pressure on the health system and have done for decades.

Im a non drinker (now), I run, i eat healthy food, surely I deserve to be at the front of the que for health treatment? Is that how it works?

Just as a side note, been against an experimental vaccine does not make people an antivaxer. Im vaccinated against many diseases and so is my child, I am strongly pro vaccine. But not this one, not yet.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Cases and deaths today for Vic. still going up.
A concern for some, I wonder what people who say just let it rip I don't believe in this crap, or I am not going to get vaxed for whatever reason, think?
One thing I know for sure.
Lots of people in Vic. do not follow the rules regarding masks, QR coding, Family gatherings, etc. etc.
Another thing I know for sure is that the Governments here and overseas are adopting the No Jab, No play rule.
I wonder how it's going to work for the no rules, no Jab people?
I hope we get some relief in the next two weeks.

paulblah

Not sure what you are hearing from who and what hospital, however the one I am aware of, almost all patients coming in with covid have not had any vaccinations at all, or at best maybe had the first one in the last week or two. Quite a few young fit tradies with no vaccinations at all and very very sick.
If you want hear some stories from the workers on the the front line let me point you to this forum

https://t.me/FrontlineworkersSpeakOut

The Australian nurses and health workers on this forum are anonymous but have had their nurses registration confirmed before been allowed to post their experience. There are many many stories from nurses showing how vaccine injury is clogging up the health system. Doctors are changing medical records in some cases after death to ignore the involvement of the covid jab. Doctors and nurses are gagged when i comes to talking about this. Everyone should read the experiences of our nurses on this forum. Its a real eye opener.

• Haha
Reactions: CTL

peterfermtech

Just as a side note, been against an experimental vaccine does not make people an antivaxer. Im vaccinated against many diseases and so is my child, I am strongly pro vaccine. But not this one, not yet.
I would love to know how in hell you think this is an experimental vaccine. 6,560,000,000 doses of all vaccines.

discomatt

How the help does the amount of doses given make it not a experiment, developed as fast as possible, tested as fast as possible no long term data on efficacy or side effects.
just because most of the wealthiest nations on earth are rushing a roll out while under state of emergency laws doesn’t mean it’s not a experiment

paulblah

I would love to know how in hell you think this is an experimental vaccine. 6,560,000,000 doses of all vaccines.
Vaccines take a decade to become approved. It's not my opinion that its experimental. Nobody is hiding the fact it experimental. Pfizer and the like have protection against litigation for use of the vaccine for this very reason. Maybe widen your news intake to sources other than the TV.

• Haha

paulblah

Vaccines take a decade to become approved. It's not my opinion that its experimental. Nobody is hiding the fact it experimental. Pfizer and the like have protection against litigation for use of the vaccine for this very reason. Maybe widen your news intake to sources other than the TV.
in addition to this from a mandate point of view the flu vaccine has been around since the 1930s and only just became mandated in recent years.

• Wow

discomatt

If you want hear some stories from the workers on the the front line let me point you to this forum

https://t.me/FrontlineworkersSpeakOut

The Australian nurses and health workers on this forum are anonymous but have had their nurses registration confirmed before been allowed to post their experience. There are many many stories from nurses showing how vaccine injury is clogging up the health system. Doctors are changing medical records in some cases after death to ignore the involvement of the covid jab. Doctors and nurses are gagged when i comes to talking about this. Everyone should read the experiences of our nurses on this forum. Its a real eye opener.
Telegram messenger , one of the last platforms on the internet that hasn’t been locked down and severely censored to hide the truth. It’s a great resource to find out what is actually going on.
as a side note, no point in trying to post anything that doesn’t fit the agenda pushed by big pharma and big tech companies here, most are blind and brain washed, sorry if some find that offensive, last I knew we still lived in a free country where people were allowed to think for themselves and have an opinion

• Haha