Corona virus

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Whats so scarry, the case numbers or the deaths?
In a population of nearly 70 million people are going to die every day in large numbers from all kinds of things.
I think its about time some came to terms with that.
The only really intelligent thing our dictator has said in months is "we must open up we can not continue like this"
Maybe a little concerning for the aged who have comorbidity because the vax doesn't seem to really help them the same as the rest of the population, maybe they need to stay locked down so the rest of society can continue to live
.Question Matt. So what is your expert opinion on disabled, young kids with underlying illness, young heart,cancer sufferers, MS, parkinsons, blood disease , and an endless list of thousands of young an old etc etc. suffers. ???? Boy mate, I think you need a rest from all of this.

Albynsw

Because there are so many morons about who lack the brains and decency to maintain safe distances and hygiene standards we are all eventually going to come in contact with the disease.

When we start going back to “ normal” social distancing etc are going to fall by the wayside. Think about pubs, clubs, sporting events, concerts, shopping centres etc, social distancing is just not going to happen.
I think we are all nearly guaranteed of getting the virus at some point in the near future.

discomatt

.Question Matt. So what is your expert opinion on disabled, young kids with underlying illness, young heart,cancer sufferers, MS, parkinsons, blood disease , and an endless list of thousands of young an old etc etc. suffers. ???? Boy mate, I think you need a rest from all of this.
So what would you suggest?
Keep the whole of society locked down for the rest of humanities existence?
Continue to infringe on every single persons life, family gathering, business, travel
We never locked down in a flu season that killed 1000's, it never even hit the news because its an accepted part of the cycle of life.
Now we have to accept and come to terms with the fact that we have another virus that can kill

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
So what would you suggest?
Keep the whole of society locked down for the rest of humanities existence?
Continue to infringe on every single persons life, family gathering, business, travel
We never locked down in a flu season that killed 1000's, it never even hit the news because its an accepted part of the cycle of life.
Now we have to accept and come to terms with the fact that we have another virus that can kill
Matt. Just answer my question .A typical politician response. Evade the question by asking a question so as to avoid looking stupid.

discomatt

Vaccinate and treat the sick, hope for the best the same as we do with every other illness.
So now you answer my question, what is the way forward other than opening up, there is none unless your happy with the new society we find ourselves in.
Personally I would fight to the bitter end if this is the new normal for the whole of society

boobook

Matt. Just answer my question .A typical politician response. Evade the question by asking a question so as to avoid looking stupid.
I came to the realisation a wnile ago that it is a complete waste of time trying to have a rational discussion here. How can you have a reasonable conversation with people who have little regard for others, can't rationally read articles, make stuff up and run away or move the goal posts when challenged on rediculas statements.

You can't. It's pointless.

However I decided that I will still call out the BS that spews out. A lot of the garbage posted here is motivated to spread fear and untruths. Watching that happen is not the reason I pay to be a member of 4x4earth.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Vaccinate and treat the sick, hope for the best the same as we do with every other illness.
So now you answer my question, what is the way forward other than opening up, there is none unless your happy with the new society we find ourselves in.
Personally I would fight to the bitter end if this is the new normal for the whole of society
You want to not be locked down and then you suggest old people should stay locked down. Then my answer to you would be to let old people go out and enjoy what little is left of their lives. And don't get me started on what old people(parents, grandparents ) have done for those that are alive today. Including you.

discomatt

You want to not be locked down and then you suggest old people should stay locked down
Yes, but the huge difference is they could choose to not force the whole of society except the elite to lock down
And don't get me started on what old people(parents, grandparents ) have done for those that are alive today. Including you.
Mate I am one of those old people, I may not be retired yet but that is rapidly approaching and I came to terms with my own mortality years ago so would rather put myself in the at risk category rather than see the devastation this is having on society as a whole

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
This is exactly what I have been going on about for ages, unbelievable
You said lock them up???
It's not old people who locked you up?
Every one is at risk in this world mate.
Are you able to talk logic or do you just want to vent your frustration and anger on the community. If you reckon you are giving up for others??? Pull the other leg mate. Then just go out and do it. You are the one that is whinging and trying to make everyone else like you. In life there are times we just have to suck it up.

Last edited:

discomatt

You said lock them up???
If they choose that for their own safety, not mandate they must the same as the whole of society is what I implied.
I asked my Mum, who is at the upper end of high risk, over 12 months ago if she would prefer to stay locked down with no face to face contact to stay safe as possible or would she rather see family and friends face to face.
She wanted face to face and real contact, her choice as it should be not mandated by government.
18 months in with all the science and knowledge that time brings and she still wants the same.
Sadly we live in the most locked down city on the planet that forces families to break the law if family contact is of highest priority for the family

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I do understand what your mother is going through and yes we miss our four kids ,lost our eldest and miss our fifteen grand kids. However we are prepared to stick it out even though it breaks our heart.
I reckon the sooner we all get vaccinated the most likely chance we have of getting out. No amount of carry on whinging, demonstrating, talking people out of vaccination, human rights crap, is working. So everyone get vaccinated, tell your family, tell you mates, tell everyone on 4x4 earth , tell all Australians. GO OUT AND GET BLOODY VACCINATED. Shout it from the highest roof.

Kippie

Whats so scarry, the case numbers or the deaths?
In a population of nearly 70 million people are going to die every day in large numbers from all kinds of things.
I think its about time some came to terms with that.
The only really intelligent thing our dictator has said in months is "we must open up we can not continue like this"
Maybe a little concerning for the aged who have comorbidity because the vax doesn't seem to really help them the same as the rest of the population, maybe they need to stay locked down so the rest of society can continue to live
Even if we were to suffer "only" a third of those numbers, what do you think will happen to our medical system? It would be inundated with Covid patients and there'll be no room for other urgent medical cases. So the indirect casualty toll will contribute to the overall number of deaths.
Build new hospitals and train more doctors I hear you say. Well, that's not going to be available for the better part of the next decade.
Life will never be as it was pre Covid. There will be localised lockdowns to limit infections and vaccination will increasingly become mandatory so that the medical system gets room to breathe. It's inevitable.

Albynsw

Kippie that is the minor ( major) detail that the antivaxxers choose to ignore. If we were to open up without reaching an appropriate level of vaccination our medical system would be overrun like we have seen happen in other countries. That doesn’t sound like a responsible course of action to me.
I assume that those that are not vaccinated will still expect that our medical system is in a position to provide them the appropriate level of care should they need it even if they haven’t heeded the advice from the same medical fraternity they choose to ignore now.

CTL

Here’s a thought, maybe those who are not vaccinated, by their own choice not because of a legitimate medical reason, should be made to pay for their medical care if they get covid? No more tax payer funded free emergency health care for anti-vaccers?

synchro1

Here’s a thought, maybe those who are not vaccinated, by their own choice not because of a legitimate medical reason, should be made to pay for their medical care if they get covid? No more tax payer funded free emergency health care for anti-vaccers?
They already pay - it is called the Medicare Levy.

Reactions: CTL

CTL

Bahaha. You obviously have no idea of the cost to treat a patient in ICU. And you assume they actually pay tax

typhoeus

I think it is inevitable that everyone is going to contract Covid at some stage. All you can do is cross your fingers that the vaccine works for you and that you don't have an underlying health issue.
Because there are so many morons about who lack the brains and decency to maintain safe distances and hygiene standards we are all eventually going to come in contact with the disease.
There is more you can do than that, you can improve your health, address those underlying health issues, do something about obesity and general fitness, you can boost your immunity by addressing untreated minor infections, eating healthily, diversifying your gut biome, exercise in fresh air . . . All small things which add up to a difference between life and death if you get covid.

typhoeus

I don't know if you guys realise this but a large percentage of anti vaxxers aren't actually anti vaccine, they are anti surveillance, anti govco tracking your every move, anti govco changing the rules ,the great reset etc. They are afraid that the covid pandemic is bringing in the new world order, and they don't want that to happen.