Cooper Creek and Lake Eyre

olcoolone

Hey guys and girls I'm looking at doing a trip in the next 3 to 4 weeks to have a look at the Cooper Creek ferry and maybe Halligans Bay.

The trip will be a quick one leaving maybe Thursday arvo (more like Friday morning) and arriving home Monday night.

Looks like we will be base camping at Marree for a few nights.

Saturday will be at the ferry and Sunday Halligans Bay...returning each night back to Marree..

Ekki Adventurers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Would love to come but wil be up that way in August so will check it out then.
Let's us know what the tracks into the top end of flinders are like if you get a chance, should still be rain around by the time we get there, but they should be open, hopefully.

WILKAT

Hey guys and girls I'm looking at doing a trip in the next 3 to 4 weeks to have a look at the Cooper Creek ferry and maybe Halligans Bay.

The trip will be a quick one leaving maybe Thursday arvo (more like Friday morning) and arriving home Monday night.

Looks like we will be base camping at Marree for a few nights.

Saturday will be at the ferry and Sunday Halligans Bay...returning each night back to Marree..

Also sounds good,we'll see what work commitments say.

olcoolone

Ekki, we wont be going into the Flinders this time, if we had a bit more time we might of went from Hawker to Arkaroola, past the Beverley uranium mine out to the Strzelecki Track, down to Lyndhurst then up the old Ghan track to Marree.

Will be going from Hawker straight up to Leigh Creek, Lyndhurst then to Marree.

Looks like we will be leaving on the July the 2nd.

Plastered

Hi Guys
Can you do a bit more of an itinerary as july 2nd sounds good and i want to head up that way and if it is for 4 or 10 days thanks

Last edited:

olcoolone

A quick trip!

Leaving Friday and home Monday.

Friday travelling up to Marree from Adelaide.
Saturday Going out to the ferry on the Cooper.
Sunday Out to Lake Eyre.
Monday Travelling home from Marree to Adelaide

shane 45

I would love to the trip but I wont have the time or money to do it as I am away in Wallaroo now for my late long weekend and spending the money on fishing and fuel looking around the pen