Cooloola / Teewah weekend of 20th / 21st Aug

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Anyone keen ?
I'm on and so's @hiluxdriver (Jase)

Just looking for another vehicle (or two max) that would like a drive.
First to say they're in, are IN !! :D

Just want a small group for sure, driving from Rainbow Beach end to Noosa end, camping Teewah Beach on the Sat night, should be there in time for some fishing on the late arvo incoming.
Tides are good for day driving, outgoing from Sat 0900 / Sun 1000, low mid arvo, and they are low-ish highs on the morning as well (a foot below the night high).

Can advise re NPWS camping permit and beach VAP (vehicle access permit) if you aren't sure.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yep, and won't you know it, next week there will be newbie post after post asking if anyone's going out for a run :D

No matter, we are on track to leave tomorrow for Hervey Bay, so all on track then to camp Fri at Inskip, will book that and Sat night Teewah, and a vehicle access pass for the beach online tomorrow.

So meet you at Rainbow Beach on Sat morning, will touch bases on the mobile to confirm where.
Think the tourist info centre might be good, think it was 8 Rainbow Beach Rd ?
Did I send you that link with map ?
They should be able to advise if Mudlo (sp?) are passable, and any other warnings etc.

hiluxdriver

No I didn't get a map, but that's ok Rainbow is not a big place and I know where the info center is so that should be enough for a start.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Im thinkin, (now 4 wheels spin again) I'm a thinkin!!

Cheers mate just meet Rainbow as per info below, or Inskip Fri night if you can make it. Am booking Inskip today, so will know which camp later.
Teewah beach sites Saturday night.

No I didn't get a map, but that's ok Rainbow is not a big place and I know where the info center is so that should be enough for a start.

Pretty sure 8 RB Rd on left heading down to beach, tourist information sign, might be surf shop too.

Just found link in pm sent previously https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...240b26ed31189!8m2!3d-25.9023818!4d153.0915276

ian.c

Should be a good run fellas, wish I could get away, im already over committed to family events, have a great time, hope the weather hold out for the weekend.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
So far, so good up here.
No rain today, though signs of it on the way up Kingston Rd a ways when heading up leaving the burbs.

Now at Hervey Bay, all going to plan, should be camping Inskip tomorrow night and will be good to get in the swag, instead of this big soft bed at brothers place.

hiluxdriver

Hi Les, I think I'm going to have to pull out. I've been battling a flu since Tuesday that I thought would have buggered off by now, but hasn't. I'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow morning but it doesn't look good. Sorry mate

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
That's ok mate, would have been nice to have some company, and 2 vehicles always nice for a quick snatch / safety.
But no worries, have maxtrax and will just have to take my time and read beach conds, spend a little more time in Rainbow checking out rocks situ before tackling the DI Pt beach drive if possible.
Next time I think I'll do Moteton, so maybe you'll be ok for that.