Contemplating selling my 2004 GU III Patrol

Cejay

I am thinking about selling my GU and tryng to work out an asking price. has about 320K on it but had major work at 190K Features in no particular order are as follows.

75mm lift with OME shocks.
285 Cooper ST Max tyres on Sunraysia steel wheels with 7 extra factory mags with 265 Coopers AT and 4 Steel Sunraysia wheels with Coopers in various states of wear.
Full length alloy roof rack.
2.4 mtr Tigers 11 awning.
ARB Winch bar with 12000 lb dominator winch with rope.
Kings Drawer pack with wings and fridge slide.
Dual Battery with Isolator and anderson plug to rear.
Electric Brake controller.
Cruise Control.
3 12 volt power points in rear.
Rear Bar with dual wheel carriers.
Uniden UHF.
Android head unit.
3.0 litre Auto with Manual lock switch.
7 inch light force lights and 24 inch Led bar.
Rear seats have been replaced with shelf from the drivers comp back to drawers. All seats still available.

Just curious about how much I should be asking...

Toyasaurus

Selling at the moment is great if you have something others are after,
Not so great if your going to buy something else.
As you will be paying overinflated prices.
Second hand market seems to have gone bonkers.

Lost1?

If you are upgrading to a new vehicle, fair enough. You can get a good return right now.

If the one you have is not about to cost you a lot to keep on road and you are thinking about buying a second hand vehicle I would think twice. My Ute is worth $4k more than I paid 3 years ago atm. That is insane. Red book values are a fair estimate for price.

Cejay

If you are upgrading to a new vehicle, fair enough. You can get a good return right now.

If the one you have is not about to cost you a lot to keep on road and you are thinking about buying a second hand vehicle I would think twice. My Ute is worth $4k more than I paid 3 years ago atm. That is insane. Red book values are a fair estimate for price.
I have just purchased a new Triton, so the Patrol is surplus.

boobook

red book says somewhere between 45 to 65 grand
$45 to $60K for a 2004 3.0 Patrol?

That's the new car price. Surely?

Glass shows 8 - 12K for a Ti with 230K on the clock. Add 5 - 8K for the accessories. Plus 'Covid used car tax'.

discomatt

Just had a look on carsales, 3l with that many km about 20-25k
4.2 are stupid money about 20 k more but each to their own, buggered if I would pay an extra 20 grand for a kettle

Lost1?

$45 to $60K for a 2004 3.0 Patrol?

That's the new car price. Surely?

Glass shows 8 - 12K for a Ti with 230K on the clock. Add 5 - 8K for the accessories. Plus 'Covid used car tax'.
Maybe COVID tax has gone up. Heard people are paying insane coin for cruisers lately. Could be a flow on. :)

Baggs71

covid tax is just weird...i can sell my recent purchase for an insane amount more than what i paid a few months ago....loving it actually...
i got it as a result of someone elses misfortune...not great i know....within 2 weeks the same car without fruit is 9k more and climbing.....now ive added fruit its worthc a shit tin more....right place right time....i wont lose much in a few years when i sell as i got it at a great price and i sold my old 19 year old 4x4 with half a million klms almost for as much as i paid for it 9 years ago....so you might get 65k for a 17 year old car..but i doubt it..but if it does congrats!!!

Last edited:

discomatt

There may well be a massive difference in what people are asking and what they are getting...
Anyone actually sold a car lately?
I just sold a car and after sitting on it for a month it sold for 2/3 of the initial price

CaptainBanana

Close friends of mine just sold their 18 month old Ford Ranger Wildtrak for $1,000 more than they paid for it, two dealers were bidding against each other for it.

I've had my Renault trafic for sale for the last 2 months it's only just turned 2 years old, it's currently the cheapest with the lowest kilometres and the highest option specification list and all I'm getting is offers of 5k lower than asking - anything with a four-wheel drive badge is certainly getting interest above reasonable market rate but not necessarily everything else.

boobook

There may well be a massive difference in what people are asking and what they are getting...
Anyone actually sold a car lately?
I just sold a car and after sitting on it for a month it sold for 2/3 of the initial price
Is that initial asking price or initial new RRP?

discomatt

Is that initial asking price or initial new RRP?
Asking price, Hyundai Getz , yards are asking 5-7000 I put it on for 3500, no bites so dropped it to 3,000 then sold it for 1900 no RWC. Not bad though, was in our family for 5 years and only dropped 1500 but certainly not the massively inflated prices 4wds are being advertised for

Baggs71

Close friends of mine just sold their 18 month old Ford Ranger Wildtrak for $1,000 more than they paid for it, two dealers were bidding against each other for it.

I've had my Renault trafic for sale for the last 2 months it's only just turned 2 years old, it's currently the cheapest with the lowest kilometres and the highest option specification list and all I'm getting is offers of 5k lower than asking - anything with a four-wheel drive badge is certainly getting interest above reasonable market rate but not necessarily everything else.
yep could not agree more....i have a friend who sold 2 toyotas in past 3 months for fantastic prices!!!!! my car i sold for a fantastic amount was also toyota....its a sellers market at the moment...for toyota at least

Baggs71

just amazes me....one of th3 toyo my friend sold had a blown engine and he got a stupid amount for it 4 days ago.....winders will never cease it seems...got another friend with a 18 year old toyo...with half a million klms on it..same as mine i sold...he got more than 16k for it!

you have to take a step back....a group of us have sold four toyos for insane prices rexently...however some aussies have lost their jobs and cashed in on super to survive i hear....no reql balance to life sometimes

all the best everyone....all the best