Conspiracy Theories:

typhoeus

And, information, and search engines are biased by their contolling interests. Google collects your information while it gives you a sanitised answer to your query .

boobook

And, information, and search engines are biased by their contolling interests. Google collects your information while it gives you a sanitised answer to your query .
So does this website. So does any "free" website and so do some paid websites.

It's pretty basic: if you use anything free on the Internet, you are the product being sold.

Don't use the internet or a phone if you are paranoid, or have something to hide would be my advice.

Last edited:

John U

Interesting. Before the Internet, it took some effort to publish proper research and even to search for information. Wacky ideas and thoughts were often weeded out by caring peer groups, friends and family.

Now people are doing their own research, and some don't have the basic skills to qualify what they are reading. People are easier to manipulate when they do their own research, so to speak. The result is that a larger proportion of society is gullible enough to be used or misled. Idle minds in front of a PC screen with no checks and balances.

Some of the crazy stuff cited as proof is unbelievable. ( Remember the bonkers lizards in suits stuff.). More than ever, proper research is a skill that should be taught in schools like it is in most university courses. However, the DIY researchers will label that as mind control. It's a bottomless pit of ignorance.
Quality information needs to be based on quality analysis using quality data which represents a complete data set.
If the dataset is incomplete the information produced will be skewed.
If the dataset is sh!7 data the output produced will be sh!7.

sh!7 in, sh!7 out. A commonly used phrase in my industry. I reckon you mightve heard it too @boobook

boobook

Quality information needs to be based on quality analysis using quality data which represents a complete data set.

sh!7 in, sh!7 out. A commonly used phrase in my industry. I reckon you mightve heard it too @boobook
I've certainly witnessed it. Much of it is right here on this forum. ;)

Albynsw

agree, but also there is a lot of “analysis “ done with an agenda which is either blatantly incorrect or the data displayed in a manner to promote an outcome
We see that a lot these days

typhoeus

agree, but also there is a lot of “analysis “ done with an agenda which is either blatantly incorrect or the data displayed in a manner to promote an outcome
We see that a lot these days
This is what I meant in my last post. A lot of stuff is subtle propaganda, even by what is considered reliable sources. Lots of people think a 'reliable source' is infallible. Even scientific data can be and is presented in a way that will mislead the reader like you said.

boobook

Normally, it's recommended to get outside, away from the computer, and get a bit of fresh air, excercise, and sunshine to help. But of course, Satellites are spying. But by staying inside, then the internet is spying. Even a phone is spying when calling a friend or help line.

There's no respite from agencies, corporations and governments observing and prying into every aspect of some people's lives. They must have something interesting going on in their lives for so many third parties to give so much of a shit about them. It's all about them.

Or it could all just be an episode of acute paranoia, of course. Changing the drug of choice from Dope to prescribed Prozac could possibly help these things. Oh, but then family doctors who absolutely can not be trusted and the big pharmaceuticals get involved. Better to deal with mental illness than trust a family GP who is out to get his 20 to 30 year long patients

Hmm, maybe that bikie dope dealing drug lord who cares about his customers so much is the only trustworthy person to deal with after all.

Last edited:

typhoeus

There's no respite from agencies, corporations and governments observing and prying into every aspect of some people's lives.
Well, that's actually true, all web traffic is monitored by some govt agencies for threat levels erc, but mostly its about selling you stuff. As you said in a previous post, you are the product being sold
Anyway , this is a conspiracy thread, right? So I find conspiracies to post here, how much truth there is to them is up to the reader to discover, and as with other things, there is always a grain or two of truth among it all , so being aware of them is a good thing.

boobook

Well, that's actually true, all web traffic is monitored by some govt agencies for threat levels erc, but mostly its about selling you stuff. As you said in a previous post, you are the product being sold
Anyway , this is a conspiracy thread, right? So I find conspiracies to post here, how much truth there is to them is up to the reader to discover, and as with other things, there is always a grain or two of truth among it all , so being aware of them is a good thing.
Yep, it's all true, that's why I posted it.

there is always a grain or two of truth among it all , so being aware of them is a good thing.

That is also true, but there is a difference between being aware of grains of truth and being obsessed and exaggerating their relavence. That's where it can get unhealthy and more of an imagined issue than a real one at times.

Last edited:

Colly18

No, I'm not suggesting you watch this copy. And the novel is probably a better option. Just pointing out how prophetic George Orwell turned out to be.

Last edited:

boobook

This could be quite useful for some. Help improve their decision making process.

It would be useful in remote locations and especially if you have concerns about people monitoring your phone.

Last edited:

boobook

The Australian housing crisis is actually an artificial construct by property developers.

Unfortunately I think this one is legit and I may be agreeing with the Greens:oops:

It is certainly worth proper consideration. The point about boom and bust in the housing industry driving investment behaviour is valid.

I've yet to see a government construction project, and especially a left one, work without massive delays and cost runouts, though. Every time the Government interferes with housing, it makes the problems worse, not better.

Definitely worth consideration by the major parties.

cam04

It is certainly worth proper consideration. The point about boom and bust in the housing industry driving investment behaviour is valid.

I've yet to see a government construction project, and especially a left one, work without massive delays and cost runouts, though. Every time the Government interferes with housing, it makes the problems worse, not better.

Definitely worth consideration by the major parties.
That’s the problem. They do this and they ruin the financial stability of middle Australia to some extent. I went through this, buying and mortgaging a rental 25 years ago, then the first home owners scheme started and all the renters disappeared. We got out ok but many didn’t. Government development has merit but it could never be administered by labor with their union masters. Civic construction in qld is already off the rails with the lunatics running the asylum.
It is true the tri level red tape is very expensive, and now business units like qld urban utilities decide they need to be self supporting so they run out a ‘business model’. Some model, when it is mandatory to use the idiots - last I checked that is TAX, plain and simple. $14.5k for a water meter I can buy straight from the USA for 1/3 the price but I need the ‘special’ number printed on the side of each meter by QUU in order to apply to access their water grid. That’s their business model.
$3k a month in fees to put a temp fence on a footpath. A build takes 12 months plus - $36k!

Last edited:

Albynsw

The Australian housing crisis is actually an artificial construct by property developers.

Unfortunately I think this one is legit and I may be agreeing with the Greens:oops:

Sounds good but when have you seen a government department ever bring a project anywhere near budget and the whole premise of their argument is to provide cheaper homes. The first 25 odd percent of the allocated funds would get flitted away on doing useless consultancy reports and analysis and countless meetings etc. There is no way in hell they could bring a property to market at a competitive let alone cheaper than what the private sector can. Not to mention how the unions would jump on the gravy train
The only way I can see it happening is by using a large chunk of the publics money to subsidise the scheme.

The defence force runs a good scheme where they publish a specification of their accommodation requirements for their personnel and the private sector builds to those requirements. Providing they meet those requirements the Dept Defence lease them for 10 years at an agreed rate and at the end of the term return them back to the owner.

A system like that would work much better and provide far better value for money for the taxpayers dollar.

We need to also keep in mind the whole premise of negative gearing was to encourage the private sector to invest in providing rental accommodation. You can have a winge about the people getting a tax deduction or you could look at it another way that a home was provided to the market for very little taxpayer money.

We are going to see the rental market tighten up even more with the new superannuation taxes and laws brought in as they have added a substantial cost to own a property to the point they are not viable to own in a super fund.