Condamine river crossings

AJP714

Anyone heading out to do the Condamine river crossings tomorrow after this rain. If anyone is going out please send me a message would love to tag along if that's ok

ian.c

Hi mate, I used to live up that way, just be careful if the water is up it flows super fast through there, I almost had my cruiser swept away a few years ago, it flows fast enough to move huge boulders and wash away the track in an instant, if its flooded do a u turn.
You should be able to drive up and around the gorge where you can check out Queen Mary falls and Daggs falls, both spectacular after a bit of rain.

Paddler Ed

If it's flooded, forget it...

In all honesty I don't think it's the best idea, especially as if you get into trouble you'll be tying up the volunteers in sorting you out.

BUT as you say, at the moment the road isn't closed on QLD's traffic website...

Paddler Ed

The Condamine River Road follows s a pretty gorge that weaves between properties (so is the access road to some of them) and has 14 or so river crossings. We did it last year in low water and was quite nice, but not something we'll rush to do again - but then we aren't fans of crossing rivers for the sake of it.

ian.c

Being new to SEQ, what's the attraction here can anyone tell me?
Crystal clear water (when theres not too much traffic) very pretty gorge with some nice spots for a picnic
20151114_135006-768x1024.jpg
20151114_142323-1200x1600.jpg
20151114_132255-1600x1200.jpg
the locals keep the place tidy and have barricaded the old adjacent mud tracks, strictly no bushbashing.:)

hiluxdriver

So out of curiosity I went for a drive yesterday to look at this track. Very nice scenery but pretty uneventful track with 14 reasonably shallow crossings and not very long. Even after the rain last weekend there wasn't a great deal of flow - though I haven't seen what it's like normally.
Did manage to pass 2 groups winners coming the other way. A group of P platers parked on a soft grassy slope beside the track, and another group of 5 or so with a couple of Surfs zig zagging on and off the track where ever they could fit their cars. Disappointing to see but being sort of close to Warwick it's to be expected now.

gnomeo

I drove it a month or so ago, we plodded through the crossing when a large group 20+ 4x4s of people drove through at race track speeds, we passed them when they stopped on the track several times. I wont do it again. It's too crowded, we stopped twice to take pics and pulled well off the road to allow others to pass but some people have no idea

BlueCollie

Hi all, I'm hoping to get down to the Condamine track next week and was wondering about tyre pressures. Should I air down at all? If so what pressure?