Companion Xero fridge/freezer 60L

Aza013

BCF haVe the Companion Xero fridge/freezer 60L at a club price of $699 normal price is $1199.
Question I have is :-
Has anyone got one of these or know of anyone with one? I’m interested in getting real feedback about them.
Are they good, bad or should I just look at other brands?
Any help would be great thanks.

Batts88

I would do some comparisons with similar size models to make sure power consumption is ok

smitty_r51

I have one... Did the same went in to buy an evakool, couldn't go past this one at half price for the size.

Had it for ages, can't work out how long but more than 5 years as we were fed up of the ice box.

Only issue was the cable got caught in the door and must have snapped something as I was getting significant voltage drop and nobody does a replacement cable, so I went to Jaycar, bought new cable and a merit plug and removed the socket from the fridge and soldered the new wire direct... Ben likes that for four years no issues.

Still going strong including using it as the home fridge for 3 months in a Bendigo summer and using it as a freezer when moving house twice SA to ACT and then internally within the ACT.

60AH battery lasts about 24 hours when camping in SA with a partial filled fridge. Never dropped a Multimeter on it as we have a 50a bcf solar blanket now when we are camped which keeps up with the draw

Absolutely no complaints.

Aza013

I would do some comparisons with similar size models to make sure power consumption is ok
Yep looking into that.
I have one... Did the same went in to buy an evakool, couldn't go past this one at half price for the size.

Had it for ages, can't work out how long but more than 5 years as we were fed up of the ice box.

Only issue was the cable got caught in the door and must have snapped something as I was getting significant voltage drop and nobody does a replacement cable, so I went to Jaycar, bought new cable and a merit plug and removed the socket from the fridge and soldered the new wire direct... Ben likes that for four years no issues.

Still going strong including using it as the home fridge for 3 months in a Bendigo summer and using it as a freezer when moving house twice SA to ACT and then internally within the ACT.

60AH battery lasts about 24 hours when camping in SA with a partial filled fridge. Never dropped a Multimeter on it as we have a 50a bcf solar blanket now when we are camped which keeps up with the draw

Thanks for the feedback.
I picked up a 150W solar blanket at SCA Boxing Day sale so that will help with power.
I will go instore Tomorrow and have a closer look at the fridge and get some more specs on it.

Chris Burke

Have 2 45L ones. Had them for a few years and done a few big trips with both running one as a fridge and one as a freezer and a heap of smaller trips with just one running as a fridge. Have gone through 2 cables. it juts out the side of the fridge and both times caught it on a storage box being pushed back into the canopy, which somehow manages to break an internal pin in the plug. You can buy cables direct from Companion if you call them. Can't remember how much they were. I reckon I'll be soldering the wires on permanently next time.

Aza013

Well I went out to check the fridge out today, the unit looked good until the rep walked up and told me to save my money lol
He then told me that the store had sold 10 units and 8 have been returned due to compresser failer and other problems. It might just be the 60L unit that has problems.
So I’m now just going to hold off until the waeco 65L has a special on.

Big thanks to all the help and feedback everyone

Jordan187

I’ve just bought the companion xero60 and I can’t work out how to change the fridge temperature only the freezer?

Rainwulf

We have a companion xero 60 - fantastic fridge. Just use the bluetooth app to control it. Zero issues, and easy on power too.

The only complaint we have is the cover isnt all that well constructed, and we are looking at buying another one. And yea, the power connector in the side has broken due to it being hit, but thats fairly common, and i glued it all back together again.