Comforser cf3000 tyre?

Has anyone had these tyres or know anything about them?
I emailed the people in China and they have 15mm of tread on them, not to bad really and tread pattern looks good, for the price i'm tempted to give them a go.

I get emails all the time from Chinese suppliers offering big muddies for about $90 a pop. No doubt some would be good, but I'm not going to take the chance!

Aaron

underdog

I emailed the people in China and they have 15mm of tread on them, not to bad really and tread pattern looks good, for the price i'm tempted to give them a go.

I'm not against giving the cheaper option a crack; just confirm that they are definitely LT construction, also ask about tread and sidewall plies (how many, etc). When looking at unknown products i also google using the search options to select the country they come from. Ie. Comforser etc; country > China. Or use china's google page and translate it separately. You can look for anything that mentions numbers (usual life expectancy in kms, differences in sidewall ply, standard warranty over there etc). Good luck.

tankbloke

4x4 Earth Contributer
I am with Ian on this one.
Do as much research as you can and if you are still keen, give them a go, and let us know how they perform.
Too many opinions, and they are generally if it doesn't have this name or logo on it, it's likely shit. May of been so years ago, but times and things change, but not some peoples rusted on opinions.
Good luck with whatever you decide.:)

dno67

My guess is those very square blocks of tread ( most good muddies will have a tapered block, as in as the tire wears the block gets bigger ) will wear unevenly especially if fitted to a heavy vehicle
and not rotated often.

Yeh I got some emails from their office in China trying to get me to buy a few hundred sets of them, when i said i only was looking at one set I got no more emails, wouldn't even reply when asked where in Sydney they supplied to haha.
I'll go the Kenda MT's, hearing great things about them.

They are on eBay for $172 (285/75/16) in Sydney and I'm tempted to fit a set to some spare rims I have in the garage.
Makes me a bit nervous that I can't find a single review from anyone that has used them.

I did read somewhere on facebook about someone using them once and the person was pretty happy. I'm still waiting on that email asking who the supplier for these is in Sydney....

I've now bought Kenda Klever and so far i'm quite impressed with them, both on and off road.

'Tyres for Less' in Fairfield East (Woodville road) have them. I bought my last set of Coopers STTs from them at the best price I could find in Sydney.

BarKer

wow, so you went from cheap to expensive... I am looking at them as I would like a set of 16' rims with muddies to play with.. And up here they are half the price of a KM2.. Obviously to buy cheaper from down south but you have to factor in freight, balance & fitting and you are running the risk of extra costs if the tyre has a manufacturing or develops a fault.

wow, so you went from cheap to expensive... I am looking at them as I would like a set of 16' rims with muddies to play with.. And up here they are half the price of a KM2.. Obviously to buy cheaper from down south but you have to factor in freight, balance & fitting and you are running the risk of extra costs if the tyre has a manufacturing or develops a fault.
I got a good deal on a set of grey import BFGs and I was really keen to try the skinny and tall tyre combo (255/85/16), which I haven't found in any of the cheaper brands. So far I'm very happy with the decision. The skinny tyres are much easier to steer than the old 285s they replaced and the ride is smoother on all surfaces. Fuel economy is marginally better too.

I have got about few sets of this comforter tyre, both A/T and M/T , very good for its price. I can tell you something about it, if you are interested in it.:)

BarKer

I ended up buying a set.. Took them to the Cape and they went well... To me they are bang for buck as they are half the price of a KM2..