Colorado 7 / Trailblazer long range fuel tank

4x4Dog

Maybe a long shot here but anyone know if a replacement long range fuel tank has been developed for the Coloardo 7 / Trailblazer?
I have a MY17 Trailblazer, so far brown davis says there's not enough room for a bigger tank, and long range automotive lilydale says they haven't tried but willing to look into it. Not keen on relocating the spare wheel so an auxililary tank is probably out of the question. I'm in Vic
Cheers

Tink

ARB do a 130l (?) poly replacemnt tank for the Isuzu MUX. The Collie 7 and MUX used to be almost identical.
Tink

4x4Dog

Cheers, yes it turns out ARB has the frontier long range tank 112L for C7, just not sure if compatible with the Trailblazer but 99% sure it would be.
Tbh I'm not sure it's worth it given i will only get 34L extra. @Ziggy can i ask what did yours cost?

Tink

Dmax has a 76l tank, MUX has a 65l tank.
Do the Holdens have bigger tanks in their wagons?
Tink

Last edited:

4x4Dog

76L standard tank in the Trailblazer.
ARB pricelist says $1290.
Hard to justify i reckon, would take dozens of very remote trips for payback, and when i do need to extend range i can put 2 or 3 squat jerrys up top at $40 ea.

Ziggy

Yes. I did the Simpson first time around with some quality jerries strapped in the back. It was awkward but did the job.
With only 65l tank standard though it was worth stumping up for a LR unit given the outback legs we do. That was before ARB bought out the crowd that developed this tank so we didn't pay the ARB tax.

the "trailblazer" is a Colorado 7.
it was sold in other countries as a trailblazer but they called it a Colorado 7 here in Australia then they decided to go with the trailblazer name here when they did the my17 facelift to create a bit more collie7 hype but they are the same vehicle so if you have a Colorado 7 and see something advertised for the trailblazer pretty much everything will fit from the trailblazer apart from the headlights and dash because of the facelift they did on all the colorados.