Colorado 7 rear drawer and false floor fitout

Trophy truck 481

nice effort mate
if you plan to do any water crossings, you will need to sort out the gearbox breather
we did the cap with a mate in a duel cab colorado and it cost him a transmission as water got in via the breather system

Lewy_88

nice effort mate
if you plan to do any water crossings, you will need to sort out the gearbox breather
we did the cap with a mate in a duel cab colorado and it cost him a transmission as water got in via the breather system
Hey thanks for the info, yeah would hate to experience that. Do you know where the factory breather sits? I have been thinking about extending breathers, but haven't been able to find any easy to follow info on them. What depth water are we talking?

Great setup you have there was looking on forum for ideas as there are no prebuilt drawers short enough for my mazda tribute.
Dont want to add too much extra weight to car, like the 12v side panel setup looks nice and tidy.

Lewy_88

Great setup you have there was looking on forum for ideas as there are no prebuilt drawers short enough for my mazda tribute.
Dont want to add too much extra weight to car, like the 12v side panel setup looks nice and tidy.
Yeah the 900mm drawers were a good fit in mine. If I had my time again, i'd move the USB sockets closer to the rear of the car. Currently where they are is just a little bit too far to reach. It's fine, but not perfect. haha. I have added a fridge slide with a 40L Dometic on top of the drawer. Fits snug but works well. Good luck with your build.

shanegtr

You gotta love the space to be used once you remove the 3rd row seats in these sorts of vehicles. I'm kinda jealous because my 3rd row is in daily use so got no option to remove it.
Did you put some bolts back into the centre seat mounting points? Could be a source of leaking dust if you don't fill the holes

Lewy_88

You gotta love the space to be used once you remove the 3rd row seats in these sorts of vehicles. I'm kinda jealous because my 3rd row is in daily use so got no option to remove it.
Did you put some bolts back into the centre seat mounting points? Could be a source of leaking dust if you don't fill the holes
Yeah that's a really good point. Haha I didnt actually. I covered the one that I could reach with gaffer tape. Definitely helps. At some stage I'll pull it all out and clean it, fill the holes and maybe make some mi or adjustments.