Collie

Jigsaw

Hi all
Planning some 4x4ing this aussie day long w/end at wellinton dam at collie and was wondering if there are any good 4x4 tracks behind or around the dam worth investigating. Am staying over nite with some mates so we can enjoy the cold beverages and some healthy discussion about what ever,
Does anyone have any info on this area in the south west of Perth
Jigsaw
Ps anyone wanting to come for a run is welcome also.

stets

i recently moved to collie mate but i have been on a couple of good tracks near the wier. both of them are in the days out of perth trip book. one being lennard track, the other being the pipeline track starting at the base of the dam. i too am looking for something close this long weekend. might pay to meet up

Jigsaw

Hi Stets
Sounds like a plan stets.
Will tee arrival time and place to meet up with the others coming down and let you know.
You can have my mobile No. or I can let you know on private message .
Which would you prefer?
Greg
Ps. what sort of rig are you driving?

lots of fun tracks from dwellingup harvey waroona went to wellington dam new years was packed did find camping at potters gorge out the back of the dam some dirt tracks around there ran outta time to explor good to hear some west aussies

Jigsaw

Hi Quinno and Wayno
Do you have to camp at specific camp grounds or are there some out of the way places we can go away from the crowds where we wont upset the local ranger?
We are always looking for new places to go 4wheel driving.
Haven't done much of the south west but will try and do some more this year.
Greg

stets

pm sent jigsaw, id have given ya my mobile number but i have forgotten it and the missus isnt here to get it out of her phone, if ya could pm me yours it would be good

try the heritage trail from dwellingup get map from tourist bruro in dwellingup some good camp areas never seeen the ranger out there and we go regularly we dont get lost any more but getting lost and and checking out off tracks is were the best camps are after the rocky decent part of the track a good feww tracks to your left have great camps right near river worth a look

Snugglebuny

My husband and I are going down to collie looking for some 4wd tracks in 2 weeks and wondering who recommends what? We are also going to be going down to warren national park area so interests there as well.