Coffee machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

synchro

Of course they do - lol - the majority never have a say - lol :eek:. It was the majority of our elected representatives who represent the majority of the population that made these rules. If you dont like the racial vilification rules, then as a minority then get them changed - as you said the laws only change because of the minority. - lol ;)

Rusty Panels

All I know is that I worked with a great bunch of blokes from all over the world for a long long time. We bounced crap off each other day in and day out but would have done anything for each other.
If the same was to happen today I'd be labeled as a racist and probably lose everything before being presented to a firing squad.
That's progress eh! Do Gooders bless em!

Batts88

How on earth does a discussion about coffee end up with arguments about racism and PC?
Aren't most of us wogs considered to own cafe's and sell coffee they go hand in hand. I's been an educating discussion unfortuately someone had to throw in the racist comment out of context without having prior knowledge of it's meaning and use over the years.

McGinnis

How about everyone drops it and moves on to the topic at hand?

I use a NanoPresso when hiking and it makes a damn good coffee; proper espresso quality.

In the 4wd I use a Flair manual coffee maker, and it is just about the best coffee maker I've ever owned. You'll never get a better espresso out of any other machine. Only catch is you need to heat the water separately, but it's not like we don't carry stoves and jetboils right? With all the issues around carry weights and payloads, multi-purpose equipment becomes more and more valuable.

I have been eyeing off the Bellman for a few years though...

Last edited:

Albynsw

Depending on how you like it. I use an 8 cup - same as the pic above. Which gives plenty of hot coffee to just add cold milk, or make 3 decent cappuccinos if need be. They are sized like tents - useless.
I think they measure the cups as Turkish style coffee so you need to double the pot size to what you actually need.

Batts88

We are all wogs if we aren't aboriginal aren't we :rolleyes:

The whole world has become too PC.

Eg, having to change the name of a certain cheese because people were getting upset when the cheese was actually named after the inventor of it.
Disrespectful to the founder of Coon cheese Edward William Coon they might as well change Vegemite and remove the word vege from the english language just like the word box oh no it has 2 meanings and boxing day is just around the corner better go I might end up in the sh#t.

Lost1?

I'm with Synchro. Black coffee. I have a stainless steel double walled plunger. Light, robust and makes 2 good coffe's from a heaped dessert spoon of.ground coffee. Good coffee is like a beer, it should always have head on it.

discomatt

And that says it all, nup can not have that conversation even though it is civil and even though there are many opinions we shouldn't discuss that, to political and not politically correct to even have a discussion about terms, names and what may or may not offend some.
FFS

Rusty Panels

And that says it all, nup can not have that conversation even though it is civil and even though there are many opinions we shouldn't discuss that, to political and not politically correct to even have a discussion about terms, names and what may or may not offend some.
FFS
I guess we do go a little too far for the Majority though! ;)

paulyg

Well I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I grew up being called Wog, and not in a nice way, so princess, don't tell me what I should or should not be offended by.

richardlnsw

FFS
Start another thread, this one is about coffee machines.

Bomber2012

How on earth does a discussion about coffee end up with arguments about racism and PC?
Yeah it’s almost laughable but again we have a minority here that are offended at the drop of a hat . It’s those people that offend me with their petty bs , no need to get on your high horse over a coffee discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.