Coffee machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albynsw

Sorry if I offended you princess .
View attachment 70324
This is a wog pot , I have mates that are of Italian extraction I go away with and it was them who I first heard call them a wog pot , so pull up on the accusations sunshine .
I just got one yesterday for my birthday . My Italian barista mate reckons they are the next best thing to a full machine

sharkcaver

Love my nanopresso too. The nespresso pod adaptor works, but no where near as good as ground coffee and barista kit.

Each to their own, but I reckon if this didnt work for me, I would be looking at the bellman too.

That said, I also carry a moka pot if I dont want to gin around with the nano and heated milk. But nothing beats the taste of ground coffee from the nano in my experience.

Batts88

You are not sorry and it is racist.
I have an Italian "wog", English "pom", Indian "curry eater" blood in my veins but I was born in Australia does that change things am I instantly considered to be a racist Aussie because I dare use those words or is it ok am I exempt from being labelled a racist as I'm still proud of my families background I'm not offended by slang terms ?

So if a wog calls another wog a wog in public is that racist ? probably not why would that be ?

If a wog calls an Australian an Aussie is that not offensive or racist after all it's just another slang name describing someone's race or country of origin ? It can be to some though but not others I have seen that claim made at work back in the 1980's and it was acted on by management belive it or not.

Albynsw

I have an Italian "wog", English "pom", Indian "curry eater" blood in my veins but I was born in Australia does that change things am I instantly considered to be a racist Aussie because I dare use those words or is it ok am I exempt from being labelled a racist as I'm still proud of my families background I'm not offended by slang terms ?

So if a wog calls another wog a wog in public is that racist ? probably not why would that be ?

If a wog calls an Australian an Aussie is that not offensive or racist after all it's just another slang name describing someone's race or country of origin ? It can be to some though but not others I have seen that claim made at work back in the 1980's and it was acted on by management belive it or not.
Agree 100%, my wife is a wog and we use the term freely. It is not the word you use but the context in which it is used , you could be all PC and choose your words carefully but that does not change your sentiment towards a person or a race

CTL

In response to nobody in particular, but if you feel the need to explain what you said was not racist, then it was racist. Simple really.
Lots and lots of words used in the past are now considered racist. Times change. Cultures mature. Some people mature.
Not using old terms and words to describe somebody is showing respect.

Albynsw

In response to nobody in particular, but if you feel the need to explain what you said was not racist, then it was racist. Simple really.
Lots and lots of words used in the past are now considered racist. Times change. Cultures mature. Some people mature.
If some didn’t jump to conclusions and call someone racist because you use different terminology they wouldn’t have to explain

CTL

If some didn’t jump to conclusions and call someone racist because you use different terminology they wouldn’t have to explain
There is different terminology and then there is racist terminology. Maybe that terminology was acceptable in the past but times change. Would you be happy to hear a child with Downs Syndrome called a “spastic”? Gee, I cringed just typing that word.

cam04

Do you still have to heat the milk separately with a wog pot or is there enough hot coffee to use cold milk?
Depending on how you like it. I use an 8 cup - same as the pic above. Which gives plenty of hot coffee to just add cold milk, or make 3 decent cappuccinos if need be. They are sized like tents - useless.

cam04

I think things changed when the majority became the minority!
Ask me about my - 'government by app' theory. The gov't asks 3 questions a day and we all hit yes/no. One vote each. The silent majority will soon have the momentum again.

Today's questions:

1. Protesters have glued themselves to the road in the city at peak hour. Do we
a) spend 6 hours digging up the road while administering care,

or

b) tear them off the road and carry on regardless

2. Should the Polair Helicopter be equipped with a minigun for car thieves who run and put lives at risk? Once a clear part of road is found they shall cease to exist.

a) yes

or

b) no

Batts88

So it's ok that someone born 60yrs later than another person has no respect for them and what that person strived to achieved in their life even representing their country just because they choose not to like their nickname after the person has passed on as in the case of Edwin Stanley Brown who had a grandstand named after him the E.S. Nigger Brown Stand in Toowoomba.
It's not offensive but these so called mature cultured people who have nothing else better to do than live with their heads stuck in their mobie phone not sure how you get mature, cultured while looking down most of your life but they only coming up to look at the real world around them occasionally just to judge others please give us a break. Respect is a 2 way street in my books but not to your cultured types. Be interesting to know what they're cultured in twitter or faceplant is the extent of their knowledge.

Anyway back to your Wog Pot or Ethnic Pot that sounds so much nicer and rolls of the tongue like a greasy salami sorry for the interuption.

Last edited:

synchro

I think things changed when the majority became the minority!
No it changed when laws changed to make such comments inappropriate.

Look at the rules within the AFL, etc and see how far a player would get in this day and age calling another player of different ethnic origin a 'wog' - heaven help if they were indigenous and called a "$%^&&".

See what happens if you call someone is called a "wog" and it is recorded and sent to the police or heaven forbid the media - you will be prosecuted - it has happened many times

Have a read of the Racial Discrimination legislation and this Youtube video.

Batts88

No it changed when laws changed to make such comments inappropriate.

Look at the rules within the AFL, etc and see how far a player would get in this day and age calling another player of different ethnic origin a 'wog' - heaven help if they were indigenous and called a "$%^&&".

See what happens if you call someone is called a "wog" and it is recorded and sent to the police or heaven forbid the media - you will be prosecuted - it has happened many times

Have a read of the Racial Discrimination legislation and this Youtube video.
The laws only changed because of the minority pushing for change as Rusty posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.