We're all brainwashed in one way or another. Neither side of the argument is exempt from it. The true indisputable fact is there are too many people. The more people you cram into anywhere, the worse it becomes, full stop. The environment is getting worse, we're soaking up water like a sponge, deforesting large parts of globally important ecosystems and polluting the oceans at an alarming rate. I don't care about warming or cooling, the environment will react to the pressures that billions of people put on it. My opinion is you can reduce your emissions and we'll still kill the place. We have to reduce the amount of people. The aboriginals were smart enough to do it for thousands of years. Barbaric and unpalatable really, but nature will do it for us.
This has been my argument all along. Too many damn people! Still think we need a major pandemic to level things out.
Imagine if you will reducing the global population rapidly from the current 7+billion to, let's say about half, 3.5 billion. What would that do for not just the environment but the global economy. Now, I'm no economist, scientist, physicist or any kind of academic but a few things I think would happen are:
1. Everyone remaining would have a job.
2. The cost of housing would plummet because there would be such an excess that everyone left would be able to have a roof over their head and there would still be a mass of vacant dwellings.
3. The cost of food and fuel would increase initially due to down turn in supply.
4. Goverments would have to become less corrupt because with less voters the chances of swinging the numbers their way deminishes.
5. Oppurtunities for entrepreneurial endeavours would abound.
Then again we would probably be in the midst of martial law.
I may be right or I may be wrong, I don't really care and I'm sure this speculative list could be expanded ad infinitum.
The fact remains. Too many damn people!!
Just another 2c from me.