christmas tree controversy

typhoeus

A very close and long time friend of mine from way back at high school is gay. A cousin whose name was George changed it, and other things, goes by the name of Georgina now, and my son is gay.
Yes the wife said it's like a 16 page document that definitely is a legal document. Let's see just how that goes down. One of the first things should be, as the school is not open to all the public is to cancel/remove ALL public/governmental funding so they don't receive a cent. Leave all the funding from those that aggre with the schools conditions. Actions have consequences, religious or not.
Why send your kid to a school that has different values to yours? Would you send your kid to an Islamic school if he's not a Muslim? Seems to me, the only reason you would do that is to cause some s**t. If the kid identifies as a different gender, send them to a government school which supports those differences. Religious people set up and go to religious schools because those schools support their values, and they also have the right to have their values. Just as much as the trans gender people do.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I know of many parents who send their kids to Catholic schools and don't even pratice or believe in that religion.
Go figure.

typhoeus

I know of many parents who send their kids to Catholic schools and don't even pratice or believe in that religion.
Go figure.
Because generally speaking, they teach good morals and ethics, despite there being some problems with them in the past

Albynsw

Why send your kid to a school that has different values to yours? Would you send your kid to an Islamic school if he's not a Muslim? Seems to me, the only reason you would do that is to cause some s**t. If the kid identifies as a different gender, send them to a government school which supports those differences. Religious people set up and go to religious schools because those schools support their values, and they also have the right to have their values. Just as much as the trans gender people do.

Is it even legal to discriminate in that way anymore?

barcher

Watched Outback Ringers last night. In the line of work and making a living its obvious some of our native trees have to be sacrificed.

typhoeus

Is it even legal to discriminate in that way anymore?
It's one thing to discriminate against someone who is different to you, but it's another thing all together when you set up an institution to support your values and beliefs and someone who does not hold the same beliefs comes along and tries to force you to change your beliefs to accommodate them, when hey can go to another institution which does support their beliefs.
. . For example, a Lycra wearing bicyclist could join this forum and want to turn every thread to one about bicycles, and then get upset and pull the discrimination card when told to pull his head in.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Where I come from there are Women only gyms, Women only tennis comps, Women only Golf comps, Women only clubs in the city, etc, etc.
Who cares.
If you are a bloke go down to the Men's shed and do some bl...y work.
Unless you want to identify as a Shelia. Which apparently is your legal right.
Last week playing golf my two mates hit magnificent and long drives off the ninth tee.
So I walked down to the ladies tee to hit off.
They said, what the he'll do you think you are doing?
I replied, "Today I am identifying as a shelia".
And then I out drove both of them .

typhoeus

Where I come from there are Women only gyms, Women only tennis comps, Women only Golf comps, Women only clubs in the city, etc, etc.
Who cares.
If you are a bloke go down to the Men's shed and do some bl...y work.
Unless you want to identify as a Shelia. Which apparently is your legal right.
Last week playing golf my two mates hit magnificent and long drives off the ninth tee.
So I walked down to the ladies tee to hit off.
They said, what the he'll do you think you are doing?
I replied, "Today I am identifying as a shelia".
And then I out drove both of them .
Did ya change into a dress? . . . Gotta look the part y'know :)

Corndoggy

Well there you go.
The school has decided to retract the the contracts they felt so strongly about because of backlash from their community, and probably being taken to court over it. And all done in the first week of school. And all done face to face.