Chip and Exhaust questions

Hey everyone,

I know there are a lot of 4WDers out there that may not understand how a chip can help with off-road work or touring. So here's your chance, post a question up here and I'll answer it! :D

Hi Jarh73,

Yes our chips can control the injection timing and advance curve. What vehicle do you own?

Pure Yobbo, we are a full 4WD mechanical workshop with our own dyno. We can do just about any work on any 4WD including power upgrades on 4.2s. We have done plenty of these over the years, and the boys in the workshop really know what they are doing.

If you would like to discuss further about anything including pricing give me a call on 1300 305 709 and ask for Aaron.

Batts88

A work college told that a module is better than a chip.. I don't know the difference but he had his colorado fitted with an exhaust system and a performance module and gets 140 plus kw at the rear wheels...Is there really any difference between the two

Last edited:
Hi mate,

The module your mate I imagine he is running would either replace the ECU or piggyback off it. Modules are a lot more expensive compared to the chip. The advantage of running our chip is that anything the chip does is within factory limits. His module will more then likely be running outside of factory safety specs and therefore has a bigger chance of causing damage or shortening the engine life.

Any other questions dont be scared to give me a call on 1300 305 709. Ask for Aaron :)

Also a bit a of a secret here everyone. You are one of the first to here about this. ;)

Until the 15th of this month we have chips available to suit just about any 4WD for just $995.

Just give me a call on 1300 305 709 and mention that you saw this post and we can sort something :)

Hi mate,

With that vehicle we have a few chips available, the first one will take you to from 110hp standard at the wheels to 125hp with an exhaust. With the other chip we can take you to about the 135hp mark. Fuel saving wise depending on your driving style you can save between 8-15% in economy.

Obviously there is a lot more involved then what I've just said so if you want to know more info or prices don't be scared to give me a call on 1300 305 709.

Last edited:
i have a 2004 5le hilux , what power gains would i be looking at with a chip exhaust and turbo ?

i have been quoted from another company 104kw (134hp) and 286nm of torque using a td04 turbo and rapid module !

also are these commonrail?

Last edited:
Hi mate,

The horsepower you've been quoted could have been at the flywheel, so bear that in mind. With a chip, exhaust and turbo package we take you from 60 rwhp to 118 rwhp. That power is using our normal Roo Systems chip. If you want even more then we can stick our High Performance module on and we can get an extra 10-15hp on top again.

Make sure you take into account what sort of driving you will be doing, and maximum possible horsepower may not be the best option.

Why don't you give me a ring on 1300 305 709 and we can have a longer chat about this and I can get a quote on price as well.

Hi mate,

The horsepower you've been quoted could have been at the flywheel, so bear that in mind. With a chip, exhaust and turbo package we take you from 60 rwhp to 118 rwhp. That power is using our normal Roo Systems chip. If you want even more then we can stick our High Performance module on and we can get an extra 10-15hp on top again.

Make sure you take into account what sort of driving you will be doing, and maximum possible horsepower may not be the best option.

Why don't you give me a ring on 1300 305 709 and we can have a longer chat about this and I can get a quote on price as well.
thanks mate i will do that , my truck is pretty much built for rock duties but it will be used as a tourer from timr to time towing a homemade camper trailer made out of the rear section of a 04 extra cab lux ... its running a solid axel swap , marlin twincase
35's twin locked , power is very much needed lol
link below

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/my-4wd/9379-toyota-hilux-2004-ifs-eliminated-4.html

Hey Aaron,

just wondering what the best mod would be for my 3.0L 2014 SR5, would a ecu Remap and exhaust be best or would a chip give me more bulls.....

are ECU remaps worth all the raps?

Cokedaddy216

Hummmo_O from what I have read chips increase fuel rail pressure , with the result over time it cuts through the piston heads like a water cutter .
Any comments on this :confused:

Albynsw

The cheaper ones do. The safe way to go is to get a tunable chip or an ECU tune and have it done on a dyno buy an experienced company. There are plenty f them around these days

callmejoe

If your looking at a exhaust also my experience with X force (bought 2016) was Pitiful. Painful.Annoying and a complete waste of $$$$.
It was that bad i have had to removed it, or it would have fallen off...
Was rewelded 3 times, some parts replaced under warranty which just failed again.
So No i wouldn't recommend X force.

Joe