Cheap Maxxis!

HOGO80

Hey all,
Just went into Bob Jane T-Marts in Mermaid Beach. The are having a special atm on Maxxis, i asked for a quote on Bighorns 31" on 15"rims,.... wait for it...$174 fitted!! Absolute bargain...now i have to pull together $870 before the end of the month as the special ends then!!
If only all the customers in my restaurant pulled their fingers out and tipped once in a while!!
For all those with money..get into it!

HOGO80

but i would keep banging my head everytime I get into my truck with tyres that small:cool:

you would be banging your knees with the 29's i got on atm!! There are like lego wheels next to yobbos and frostys...hence the upgrade to 31's.
I think 32's would just fit but would need to do some cutting here and there when at full lock.
I tossing up whether i should put them on credit and pay them off...they are a total luxury and i theoretically don't need them...BUT I WANT THEM!!

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Scott, Go and have a look at Pauls little weapon. HE'S the hilux expert!!

He's constantly fixing it!!

Pure Yobbo

you would be banging your knees with the 29's i got on atm!! There are like lego wheels next to yobbos and frostys...hence the upgrade to 31's.
I think 32's would just fit but would need to do some cutting here and there when at full lock.
I tossing up whether i should put them on credit and pay them off...they are a total luxury and i theoretically don't need them...BUT I WANT THEM!!

You could get a flat and then you would need them.........

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
You could get a flat and then you would need them.........

I may have a good example of why you need better tyres. Take it to the missus and show her!!

Hang on, is'nt she coming this weekend??:rolleyes:

I'll take her with me, that'll sort her out!!:eek:

HOGO80

I may have a good example of why you need better tyres. Take it to the missus and show her!!

I may have small tyres and a little 4 cyclinder, but there is nothing wrong with my "dimensions". But you are welcome to show her your chev and 33inches...she wont be too impressed!!

HOGO80

devastated!!

I decided this morning that after all the rain we have had and the thought that these new Maxxis tyres would only benefit me i thought i would ring up Bob Jane T Marts to book my car in to get some new 31inch Mude Terrain Big Horns!! Extremely excited, but a little concerned about spending money i dont have!
I then asked them to confirm the price...$1000!!!:eek: WHAT!! Apparently the quote i got yesterday ($870) was for the All Terrains Big Horns, not the Mud Terrain!! So that made my mind up for me....looks like im sticking with my BF Goodrich "Lego" All Terrains, till i can afford some "real tyres".
I know its only another $130 extra but i already couldnt afford it!! Damn you Bob Jane T Marts for getting me all amped up!

croozza

I decided this morning that after all the rain we have had and the thought that these new Maxxis tyres would only benefit me i thought i would ring up Bob Jane T Marts to book my car in to get some new 31inch Mude Terrain Big Horns!! Extremely excited, but a little concerned about spending money i dont have!
I then asked them to confirm the price...$1000!!!:eek: WHAT!! Apparently the quote i got yesterday ($870) was for the All Terrains Big Horns, not the Mud Terrain!! So that made my mind up for me....looks like im sticking with my BF Goodrich "Lego" All Terrains, till i can afford some "real tyres".
I know its only another $130 extra but i already couldnt afford it!! Damn you Bob Jane T Marts for getting me all amped up!

try the Buckshot, it is a muddy, or if you like go the Nankang Mudstars, same tyre and cheaper again.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer

Jeez Frosty, don't take you long to jump the fence :eek:

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ill be keeping a close eye on him, and ill be expecting you Big Rig as a fellow Toyota driver to assist!!!:cool:

I'm always keeping an eye on our Frosty one. Can't have him conquering more than the Prado can and if your reading Frosty forget about Jims Jump up.... You'll keep.

Pure Yobbo

try the Buckshot, it is a muddy, or if you like go the Nankang Mudstars, same tyre and cheaper again.

Buckshot is old Bighorn I'm not sure you can still get them. The Bighorn is the better tyre.

Save your bucks mate until you can offord it. Maybe a sceond set of rims also that way you can run two sets of tyres.