Challenger recovery points.

tharanaw

I have a Challenger 2007. I guess you guys don't have Challengers made in our2007but this is the older person which was generally made around 2001 to 2004.

Can you please inform me about using the factory hooks on the front and rear for recovery? Are they safe or will i need to fix something else?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Tharana

stuartiross

Hi there tharana. The existing points in the front are designed for towing and used during transport so I won't use them for a bogged recovery personally. I have out on additional front points from adventure products in WA and so far have done the job well. For the rear I have a tow bar and use the recovery hitch in the one inch receiver. This is on a 2102 PB challenger but this should still work for earlier versions.

Cheers Stu

tharanaw

Thanks Stu.
Sorry for my ignorance but can you please tell me how and where to fix the additional recovery points?

And how about the hook at the rear left ?

Thanks again.

stuartiross

The front points are angled bits of steel that get attached to the chassis via bolts. It's a by if an effort to get them on but worth it. Dont recall which forum that I put a series of pictures up, will find an update my reply.

As for rear points my sense is that they tue downs as apposed to a wedged in mud recovery.

Edit : here is the link from the challenger forum from the vic paj site. (http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=21832&page=4)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tharanaw

Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry for the delay.
I saw your photos. They were very useful. I will do as you suggest.

Tharana