Challenger 2007 off road mods

tharanaw

Hi, i have a Challenger 2007 and I live in Sri Lanka. I guess you didn't get Challengers in 2007 but this is the older model which was generally made until 2005.
It has the 2.5l turbo diesel 4D56t engine and I haven't done any mods at all. It has 100,000km and I have done some mild off roading.
I plan to take it on some off road expeditions and I want to prepare it for the forests.

Could you please recommend the way I should prepare my Challenger for the wheeling.

Basically, I would have to face a lot of sand and some mud. There would also be river crossings and gullies involving steep descents into a creek and up out of it.

Any suggestions on modifying my Challenger would be greatly appreciated.

Tharana

BUSHNUT

4x4 Earth Contributer
Tharana , a mate of mine Robert Keeling has done a bit of modifying of a Challenger of that vintage He infrequently is on this Forum under the avatar of littlebobby but you are likely to get him on his email which is ringwoodoptical@hotmail.com . I know he fitted a snorkel , a transmission cooler as it is an auto a rear wheel carrier and a larger capacity fuel tank . Tell him that you were told about this from Ian Simpson - we get plagued by Indian call centres here .

tharanaw

Hi Ian,
Sorry for the late reply. I sent an email to your friend about a month ago but he didn't reply still.
I'll send him another one. Could you please tell him about me?

Thanks,
Tharana

tharanaw

Tharana , a mate of mine Robert Keeling has done a bit of modifying of a Challenger of that vintage He infrequently is on this Forum under the avatar of littlebobby but you are likely to get him on his email which is ringwoodoptical@hotmail.com . I know he fitted a snorkel , a transmission cooler as it is an auto a rear wheel carrier and a larger capacity fuel tank . Tell him that you were told about this from Ian Simpson - we get plagued by Indian call centres here .

Sorry, guess i should've done a quote earlier.