Chainsaws

Grumpy

Hi all, I have to up date my chainsaw as the oiler shit itself today and gunna cost a bit to fix so I was wondering if anyone has got any ideas on what to buy, I am currently looking at a huskvarna 570 chainsaw but don't know much about them. What do you recommend

Joe

chaisaws

G'day Grumpy, don't know a whole lot about Husqvarnas, only ever used one once when on a training course to get my ticket. Found it to be a very nice saw, and they certanly have a very good reputation. I've used Stihl saws qiuite alot, and have found them to be a really nice saw to use.

Grumpy

Yeah I guess It's a bit like holdens and fords but all reports I have found seem to be heading towards Husky's

Joe

For sure, every one that I know that has a Husky wil highly recomend then, and from all reports that I've heard, the Stihls aren't far behind. I'm only familiar with the Stihls because of my involvment with the SES, and they are the chainsaws that we use.

BUSHNUT

Husky or an Echo, With the Huskys make sure it is a model that doesn't have a protruding fuel bubble, that was one stuff up in design on them in recent years. My husky is a 1984 model, fires up every time , it's a rancher 50 model, on its second bar and third chain.

Stihls are now made in China and some of the small buggers can be temperamental.
Echo has been around for a long time, as always, its a matter of what you pay for is what you get . :D:D:D

Grumpy

I just use an axe. Had the same one for 30 years. It's only ever had 3 new handles and 2 new heads.:D

What I want to know is how can u have the same axe for thirty years when its had new handles and heads. that's like saying I've had the same wife but only changed the bottom half twice and the top half once, YOU IDIOT.:confused: LMAO

4X4

What I want to know is how can u have the same axe for thirty years when its had new handles and heads. that's like saying I've had the same wife but only changed the bottom half twice and the top half once, YOU IDIOT.:confused: LMAO
That's Gold Grumpy. Some of your best work. ROTFLMAO:D

Grumpy

Fishin has bin a topic here for a while now, I'm sure u will work it out Joe, A Banana Bender/ Mexican Thingy.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yea, the "fishens" great! Especially with the all the chicks on here. You know how they are. (Bit slow on the uptake sometimes):rolleyes:

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Oh yea! chainsaws! I've got a little toy homelite saw. Brand new, $50 bucks! It got damaged in transit. Just little crack in the plastic. Top little saw. just keeps on goen. good for 4by and camping. Would'nt go clearing a forest with it!